Greatest metal album of 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest metal album of 2007?

OK the year is far from over, but the winner is clear to me. I am a big fan of the Conspiracy/Them era stuff, but he hit it out of the park with "Give Me Your Soul...Please". The guitars back then had a ton of reverb, and were a bit harsh sometimes (Metaltronix?). Andy Laroque has a killer sound these days, his playing is "off the chain", and the mix is incredible.

Congrats to the King!!!
    King Diamond - Give Me Your Soul...Please
    100.00%
    Give Me Your Soul...Please (by King Diamond)
    0.00%

Ok, you love king diamond! We get it!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Great Story..he's a little "slow" getting to the point, but I like it.

Not as elaborate as his past works, but he's great!

AWESOME stories, he's in company with H.P Lovecraft, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe..IMO!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can't give him best album of the year tho..I haven't made my mind on that one yet.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love Fate and KD. I may have to pick this one up.
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
            I love Fate and KD. I may have to pick this one up.
            Yeah, dude, it's cool..

Try these too..

IMO..amoung the best metal albums of 2007.

I'm motivated to say The Absence "Riders Of the Plague" or Therion's "Gothic Kabbalah"..

Comment

Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My favs so far are...

"The Blackening" Machine Head
                "Hellyeah" Hellyeah

But I think Kind Diamond is cool. As long as he's not singing...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Did the Crusade by trivium come out this year, or last year? I really like that cd.

Comment

Ok, I just went across the street and picked this up. My local cd shop is called "electric fetus" So far, it's not earth shattering, but standard King.
                    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

442w30 ? Its not 1982- 83 anymore. But that was the best JP I think anyway! Saw them twice that tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really wouldn't know the best metal album of 2007.. I was kinda disappointed in the new Arch Enemy album.. Machine Head's The Blackening was really good, even though I'm not really into them.. What else came out this year?
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The Blackening.....just fucking EPIC! I couldn't stop smiling and headbanging when that brutal riff shot out of my speakers after that Metallica-esque intro.

FUCK YOU UUUUUUUUUUUUUP and go!!!!!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

2007 so far?? Not King Diamond. Its OK though.

Maybe..... Novembers Doom - the Novella Resevoir (Rain is definitely one of the top songs of the year.)

Worthy of consideration:

Blood Red Throne - Come Death
                            Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien
                            Swallow the Sun - Hope
                            Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
                            The Absence - Riders of the Plague

I cant think of anything else.
                            Kind of a quiet year.

Arch Enemy was really dull.

Comment

Machine head so far. Still waiting on the new Guns N' Roses album..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X