B52 with live nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B52 with live nukes

Jesus. What if it crashed? http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/0...r_B52_070904w/ Heads just rolled on this little mishap.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

You would have had some weapons grade radioactive stuff spread over a crash site.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I can see it now. Just like when a beer truck flips over. :ROTF:

Comment

No, there is less froth.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

What if the pilot had a cowboy hat and at the sametime a disgruntel officer ordered the nuke dropped on Russia just in time to find out the Russians have a doomsday device oh nevermind....

Comment

I get it.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: They were loaded for bear Cruise Missles right next to the "Dummies":ROTF: So they loaded up a few blanks and real bullets. Is that so wrong?:ROTF:

Comment

Welcome to two months ago, dude :P

Comment

No, the heads rolled yesterday. Like real officers. That was the first I heard of it. Here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/militar...2-flight_N.htm
                Last edited by fett; 10-20-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Sorry to bust your story, but we have the nukes circling the globe all the time. Duh... And have had much less safer ones than these in the past circling the world in a MUCH MUCH higher capacity.

The Skyking network is and has been pretty much 24/7. But has been seriously scaled down post cold war.

The issue is with how the accident scene would have been handled with different protocol had there been a dowing of the plane and no one knew they were there.

As well of course the fact that something was not properly accounted for and documented, and that is a serious infraction as far as military procedure. Heads will roll just for that.

Comment

Eh, BFD
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not only is this old news, but nukes have been flown into and out of Barksdale for years. The difference is the media or other outsides sources were uniformed. How do I know this? My neighbor is a B-52 pilot and my other neighbor two doors down flew a KC-135 tanker which supplies go-go juice.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Yeah, i heard about that..... i think it was John Travolta and Christian Slater piloting the jet?
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                        X