King's X
    0.00%
    Dogman
    46.15%
    Ear Candy
    0.00%
    Tape Head
    0.00%
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Dogman for sure! Hell I like them all, Tape Head was cool too, but wtf happened to them after that? They went a little strange

Comment

I have all of them in that list, haven't kept up with them after that (though, I do have Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous), but I think I've only listened to it once. I did see them on the Dogman tour, and that's the album I seem to like the most.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tough one, Endrik. I love each of those albums but Gretchen is damn near perfection in my book. Summerland has one of my favorite guitar solos of all time - Ty knocked it out of the park on that one.

I nearly gave up after Tape Head but Ogre Tones convinced me to hang with them. It seemed I was buying thier albums out of my love for the older stuff. If you can't tell, King's X are one of my favorite bands of all time.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Gretchen is the only one I have...very clear lead guitar tone

Comment

The first 5 are all amazing albums IMO, Ear Candy and Tape Head were good too but the songs weren't as strong as on the previous ones. After that their albums sounded more like alternative rock... nothing wrong with that but the songwriting was lacking strong hooks.

Good that Michael Wagner came in and made Ogre Tones with them wich is a pretty cool album. The next wich they are finishing pretty soon is supposed to be "return to the roots" thing. Can't Wait.

Although Gretchen is the most complete album... the first one Out Of The Silent Planet is still my favorite because the tunes just move me so much. Gretchen is my second fav.
            The third is the self titeled one wich is very overlooked IMO.
            Dogman and LFH share the 4th and 5th place.

My fav. Ty's solo is on "Power Of Love" it's so haunting and beautiful.
            But I pretty much love every note he plays... I have pretty much the same influences as he... Beatles, Ace Frehley, Brian May, Lifeson, old Alice Cooper, old Bowie, British prog rock pioneers etc.
            And all that combined with Doug's funk and soul elements and Jerry's powerfull drumming. You pretty much get the most perfect band ever.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

For me it's a toss up between Gretchen and Dogman. I'm still kicking myself for the last time I saw them in Houston. Ty kept commenting on how much he liked my Panthers hockey jersey I was wearing at the show. As my friend and I started to drive home, I wondered why the hell I didn't ask Ty if he had anything he wanted to trade for it.
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
              X