F1 Championship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Championship.

I know there's probably not many of you following this, but as of this morning it is down to the wire. There is one race left, and it's a 3 way battle for the title. Hamilton could have clinched the title, but fucked up bad, and ended up in the gravel trap at the pit entrance. All he needs to claim the title in Brazil, is a 3rd place finish or better. On the other hand, he could choke, and either Alonso, or Raikkonen could take it.

I'm pretty sure that Hamilton will end up claiming the title, which is very unfortunate for Raikkonen, since on two occasions this year, mechanical difficulties have ended his race, effectively losing the championship for him. With an average of 7 points per race, he should have another 14 points (at least, since he was leading at least one of the two races when he retired), which would make him virtually untouchable going into the final race.

Yup, I think Hamilton will win the title this year, and Raikkonen will destroy all in 2008.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

F1 is one big show and this race proved it once and again. Hamilton (or any pro driver) would never make such a stupid mistake and it's all planned to get huge ratings the last race of the season.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

You honestly think that was scripted?

That's just silly man.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
        F1 is one big show and this race proved it once and again. Hamilton (or any pro driver) would never make such a stupid mistake and it's all planned to get huge ratings the last race of the season.
        Pro drivers make mistakes all of the time. Some more than others, but everyone screws up on occasion.

Comment

i have a feeling Max Mosley and Bernie Ecostone,will do everything in their power to make sure Lewis doesn't win the championship,my self i would like to see the rookie win the world championship,it would be a first,looking forward to the Brazil race,i really like that curcuit
          http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

If it is scripted, then the Nascar cup series needs to learn something from them. I haven't even bothered watching this year. They put so much focus on the Championship, that the individual races don't mean much anymore. Truck series is a lot more entertaining, and IRL was very good this year.

Comment

Yeah sorry for my pessimist remark. There are so many examples of pro sports that are ruined nowadays.. F1 is a billion dollar market and I really think there's more going one than just separate teams racing each other.
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Don't be fooled by all the technology and money, F1 engineers/mechanics/drivers are just as incompetent as anyone else. Trust me

I have seen some buffoonary that would make dumb and dumber look like a pro racing outfit!

I have to say that NASCAR is far more entertaining as a racing series to me. Now the normal rebuttal to that from most guys is the technology is less in NASCAR. Don't be so sure. When the rules are as constrictive as NASCAR's teams will invest large amounts into R&D to get around the problems. It's no accident that there has been a recent influx of British engineers into NASCAR in the last couple of years.

As a vehicle dynamics exercise a NASCAR is a complete nightmare to calculate compared to an F1 car where all the roll centres are in the middle.

Plus it's good when they crash

As for F1 in the US, I personally think it's a very shrewd move for Indy to chuck out the F1 and have the Moto GP instead.

All we need now is Bill France to come over to UK and buy Rockingham Motorspeedway in Corby UK and make it as great as it should be before it becomes a housing estate.

Comment

Theres so much going on behind the scenes your right, but none of it is scripted, it doesn't need to be! Bernie/Max isn't gonna stop lewis from winning, they WANT him to win! Bernie gave mclaren alot of help to get him in didn't he?

Anyways, all year Hamilton hasn't been driving like a champion, it has been a matter of time before he slipped up. He really needed to do a couple years in a lower team to learn the ropes before being in the fastest car in the paddock. He's made a few moves that anyone in lower cars or not british would get absolutely smashed over, but its ok cause its 'lewis'. And christ mclaren annoy me. They ruin kimi's previous championships with woeful reliability, and somehow managed to alienate both Montoya and Alonso from within the team. Completely self-destructive.

Theres so many good drivers in F1 nowdays, it's such a shame only one or two have their deserving positions. And lewis is just a spoilt kid imo, british, marketable racially, and lucky. When he actually looks half as confident and determined behind the wheel as raikonnen and not sketchy and hanging on I'll change my point of view.

Comment

I'm not gonna slag the kid. He obviously has immense talent. However, I agree that there are other drivers that have definitely poured more blood, sweat and tears into their career, and are either plagued with bad luck, or a slow car. Raikkonen is the fastest, most technical driver out there IMHO.

Comment

Now that certain drivers. like the ones that start with "Micheal" and the ones that have the last name "Schumaker" have left the field...now these other names pop up. I'm looking forward to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                        Now that certain drivers. like the ones that start with "Micheal" and the ones that have the last name "Schumaker" have left the field...now these other names pop up. I'm looking forward to next year.
                        i dont totally agree with that. Fred is the 2 time returning world champion. Even if there was a Michael Schumacher in the running, Alonso was the guy to beat this year. Im glad its coming down to the last race. And even though i dont particularly have anything against him, i laughed out loud when Hamilton put it in the gravel. i really didn't see that coming!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          I'm not gonna slag the kid. He obviously has immense talent. However, I agree that there are other drivers that have definitely poured more blood, sweat and tears into their career, and are either plagued with bad luck, or a slow car. Raikkonen is the fastest, most technical driver out there IMHO.
                          Well I have to agree but I was expecting a lot more from him I can't wait for the last race
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I had pretty much lost all hope but after the last race there is a small glimmer of hope that Räikkönen will take the title.
                            The odds are stacked against him for sure but there IS a chance. Definately rooting for him.

Comment

Jeez, the poor bastard had worn the back tyres down to the canvas! Why the fuck did the team not bring him in?

Comment

Working...
                              X