Sam Ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Ash

have any of you purchased a jackson guitar or any other musical equipment from a company named sam ash? i have never purchased anything from them and i was wondering if they are worthy.

I've purchased a Samson VHF belt pack a few months back. I had not issues and it was quickly shipped. Also Sam Ash has been around for a long time. If you go through old Guitar World mags you will see their ads.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Sam Ash is like Guitar Center. It's a major chain store. Expect the same kind of service (good or bad) as the others.
      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

You could also buy your gear from me... especially since I'll beat Sam Ash's price for you.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
        35 Pleasant St
        Weymouth MA 02190 USA
        781-335-0700
        www.mattsmusic.com
        [email protected]
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Sam Ash kicks ass if you prefer the Jacksons that are made in India :ROTF:

Comment

I've been a customer of Sam Ash for over 30 years. Rarely had any problems. One time about 10 years ago I bought a rack multi-processor from them. After the warranty period ended, the unit went dead. I brought it back to them and understandably they said I had to leave it so it could be sent in for repairs. No problem I thought. Well after about 2 months, I still hadn't heard anything about it so I went in to find out. The salesman goes in the back and brings it out. Great I thought. He then tells me it never got sent out!!! Boy was I pissed. 2 months sitting on a shelf. He told me he would send it overnight right away. I left the store and was still pissed, I wrote a letter to the Sam Ash corp. A few days later, I get a call from Richard Ash personally. He told me he was upset at what he heard and told me to go back to the Sam Ash store because he has something waiting for me. I go back and I find out that there is a brand new processor from another manufacturer (worth about 4 times the amount of mine) waiting for me. I have to say I was surprised, but very pleased. It was the one I wanted in the first place but couldn't afford. So overall I can say their customer service is excellent. Haven't had any problems since!
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
              I've been a customer of Sam Ash for over 30 years. Rarely had any problems. One time about 10 years ago I bought a rack multi-processor from them. After the warranty period ended, the unit went dead. I brought it back to them and understandably they said I had to leave it so it could be sent in for repairs. No problem I thought. Well after about 2 months, I still hadn't heard anything about it so I went in to find out. The salesman goes in the back and brings it out. Great I thought. He then tells me it never got sent out!!! Boy was I pissed. 2 months sitting on a shelf. He told me he would send it overnight right away. I left the store and was still pissed, I wrote a letter to the Sam Ash corp. A few days later, I get a call from Richard Ash personally. He told me he was upset at what he heard and told me to go back to the Sam Ash store because he has something waiting for me. I go back and I find out that there is a brand new processor from another manufacturer (worth about 4 times the amount of mine) waiting for me. I have to say I was surprised, but very pleased. It was the one I wanted in the first place but couldn't afford. So overall I can say their customer service is excellent. Haven't had any problems since!
              Wow!
              ------------------------------------------------
              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                You could also buy your gear from me... especially since I'll beat Sam Ash's price for you.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                35 Pleasant St
                Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                781-335-0700
                www.mattsmusic.com
                [email protected]
                But I have to pay sales tax at your place.
                2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I remember back in the 80's while browsing through one of the really overpriced local places, when we came across people looking at some crazy overpriced stuff we would pretend to cough and mumble the phrase "Go to Sam Ash". Just loud enough for the people to hear but not the manager. Yeah, we were wise asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Sam Ash kicks ass if you prefer the Jacksons that are made in India :ROTF:
                    i don't know anything about sam ash but i'm sure sam ash gets their jacksons from the same places that all the other music stores get them. u.s.a., japan, etc. depending on how much you have to spend. sure, i would love to have a u.s.a soloist but i don't have that kind of money.hell i have a b.c. rich n.j. neckthru mockingbird that is a well put together guitar. and it's made in korea. sounds like sour grapes against sam ash to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                      35 Pleasant St
                      Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                      781-335-0700
                      www.mattsmusic.com
                      [email protected]
                      Matt, what kind of refund or return policy do you have?

Comment

thanks, for your input guys . i'm in the hunt for a jackson guitar and i noticed sam ash has a good selection and from the input you guys have given me sam ash sounds like a good store. and matt i'll check out your web site as well.

Comment

jaydog I see you are from Ky go to Willcutts in Richmond Ky Jamie has some nice Jacksons.
                          Sam Ash in Cinci Ohio has a sweet sparkle soloist(90s)
                          Last edited by straycat; 09-30-2007, 02:04 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            jaydog I see you are from Ky go to Willcutts in Richmond Ky Jamie has some nice Jacksons.
                            Sam Ash in Cinci Ohio has a sweet sparkle soloist(90s)
                            hi straycat, the sam ash in cinci ohio would be the closest to me due to the fact i live in northern kentucky. i just never go over to cinci ohio because of the big city hustle & bustle. right now i'm lusting after a jackson sl2h in (transparent blue)thats in the sam ash website. i know it's not a u.s.a. guitar, however it is in my price range at $1050. if you get a chance check it out and tell me what you think. i would post it on this forum if i only knew how to.

Comment

theres already threads on that one jay

do a search "Sam Ash SL2H"
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X