Rock/metal movie recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock/metal movie recommendations?

Okay, I've only seen "This Is Spinal Tap" and "Rock Star" so far. I'm a deprived child. What other movies are there with a rock/metal theme, or revolve around a band?

The only other ones I can think of are "Detroit Rock City" and "Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story".

Please rate them or give your opinions on them too... for example, I'm not going to sit through "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" at the recommendation of my brother who has similar musical tastes as I do and couldn't get past the first ten minutes of the film's representation of "metal".

Thanks!

The Doors
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The Hysteria one is a fucking joke. I'm a die hard Lep fan and this thing was crap.
      Out of sequence and a lot of the facts were flat out wrong.
      Plus the acting was terrible.

Rent the movie Heavy Metal. It's animated but has killer tunes.
      Soon you too will be saying stupid things like "great nyborg" in your best stoner voice.

Some great quotes from the movie:
      Harry Canyon: Ah, kiss my ass!
      Hooker: I will for twenty bucks.

Zeks: Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. You know your perception is completely fucked so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight.

Zeks: Hey, do we have any of that Plutonian Nyborg left?
      Edsel: Uh, yeah. Just one bag. Uh, it's in the transmitter compartment.
      Zeks: Thanks, man.
      Zeks: Oh, great. Think this is enough?
      Edsel: Uhh... nah. Go for broke.
      Zeks: Good thinking, man.
      Zeks, Edsel: Nose dive!

Hanover Fiste: He never did... anything that was... illegal...
      [pauses]
      Hanover Fiste: Unless you count all the times he sold dope disguised as a nun.
      -Rick

Comment

Decline of Western Civilization Part 2: The Metal Years

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is very good, too. It was a very well done documentary. It's worth the time.
        Last edited by Razor; 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Despite its flaws, I still enjoyed "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey".

"The Decline of Western Civilization Part II" is a given.

"Almost Famous"

Comment

IFC sometimes shows the "documentary" Decline Of Western Civilization
            Part 2. It's about the LA hair bands in the late 80's.
            It's kind of fascinating...funny, sad, weird, and sexy all in one. (The Gazzari's chicks, that is). Huge mix of people, Lenny from Motorhead, Gene Simmons,(actually everyone from Kiss I think) Joe Perry and Steve Tyler, and a bunch from the hair bands. One of my favorite parts is during an LA Guns interveiw, one of them said "Yeah, we're like the boot camp for members who get famous in other bands."
            Worth renting, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              One of my favorite parts is during an LA Guns interveiw, one of them said "Yeah, we're like the boot camp for members who get famous in other bands."
              The band was London.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Does anyone remember the bad horror flick "Trick Or Treat"? You gotta see this one. Ozzy and Gene Simmons are in it. Plus the music of Fastway. IIRC, this geek idolizes a metal singer that kills himself. The geek brings him back to life with an album that Gene gives him. It's the only copy of his new album or some kinda shit like that. Very cheesy and very horrible. I loved it...
                Last edited by Bengal; 08-28-2007, 07:23 PM.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yeah, that was London, and it's Lemmy from Motorhead, not Lenny.

Comment

yikes, I screwed up Lemmy...I'm dead. I really thought that quote was LA Guns, they qualify the same way...boot camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                      Yeah, that was London, and it's Lemmy from Motorhead, not Lenny.
                      Cygnus, do you also throw horns with thumb extended? :ROTF:
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        hehehehehehehehehehehe....
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

How about Airheads? Adam Sandler is hillarious in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            I just hate it when I light the bic upside down, too...:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Does anyone remember the bad horror flick "Trick Or Treat"? You gotta see this one. Ozzy and Gene Simmons are in it. Plus the music of Fastway. IIRC, this geek idolizes a metal singer that kills himself. The geek brings him back to life with an album that Gene gives him. It's the only copy of his new album or some kinda shit like that. Very cheesy and very horrible. I loved it...
                              +1 cheesy and awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X