Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headin out to the 'Family Values' show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headin out to the 'Family Values' show...

...in Phoenix. I really don't care for the bands, but my son won a Guitar Hero competition semi-final at Guitar Center yesterday. The finals are at the show. Eight finalists square off at the KUPD booth - the two left standing go head to head on the main stage! How fuckin cool is that?! Prizes are an XBox, a guitar, and meet and greet with Korn.

Send some positive vibes!!
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Nice one...
    I wish him luck!
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Congrats!! and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
        Prizes are an XBox, a guitar, and meet and greet with Korn.
        A REAL guitar??
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well - he didn't get to the finals. But he did get pit passes, lol! My boy had never been near a pit, so I took him in and showed him how it's done. He's only 13 - but he's a BIG 13. He held his own - I'm a proud papa. [snif].

After HellYeah was done, we were walking out for some water when we were approached by a huge dude who wanted us to join the Mosh Pit Army. Heh - we were the youngest and the oldest dudes in the pit. Screwed up my knee a bit during Atreyu - other than that I spent a tremendous day with my boy. His take on the day?

"Best. Day. Ever."
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Awesome! A memory that he and you will never forget.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
            X