Weird times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird times...

Ever get into one of those ruts where you just don't feel like going out and doing anything? I've been rutted for a month or so now, and I really don't know why. I've been single since last May, and I should be out chasing girls like normal.... I dunno, anyone else have this happen, and do you think it'll pass?

Yup, I know the feeling. But it's been a few months for you.... time to get off your ass dude! Just try and finding *something* to get yourself motivated. Once you get off your ass, you'll realize what you were missing.

That said, if chronic depression is involved (any family history?) then this may be easier said than done... in that case, consider some professional help.

Comment

I was in one of those ruts for about 8 months after I put my (now) ex on a plane to her boyfriends house. All I did was work and sleep the rest of the time. I got over it... then I got on a self-improvement kinda kick for a year or so. Like my budy Kramer says, "There's plenty of other women in the sea." I knew what he meant even if he didn't. LOL
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

yeah...i think everyone goes through spurts where they odnt want to do anything at all. It happens to me a couple times a year but always passes
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I never want to do anything....

Comment

sounds like depression to me - see a doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
              Same here. Left to my own devices, I'd sit in front of the monitor/tv all day. I only get the weekend now.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hmmm, I guess it's more of a doing things with people issue. I've been diving and surfing all summer, I mean, I get out... Just not out in the mix like I normally do.

Comment

I've been like that for about half a year now. It's fucked...The only thing I feel like doing (sometimes) is just go out and get wasted on vodka, stoned and look around for chicks...I'm in deep, I'll have to pull myself out of this shit because it's going nowhere but self-destruction. It got REALLY bad after that entire POS situation of my father's passing and it's been getting worse ever since.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                    I've been rutted for a month or so now

Yikes!!! I bet your arse really hurts!
                    Erm, "being rutted" means something quite different over here, obviously!

Hey, Burn, it will pass, but if you sit there with one hand on your mouse and the other on your cock, you will turn around and 10 years of your life will have passed.

You have to get "back in the mix" because sooner or later you will become a weird bloke several years older than the crowd, with no mates, marooned. It's easier said than done, I know, and none of us here can ever know exactly how you feel, but some of us have been in the same territory. You have identified the problem, get out and get motivated before you stagnate. Get your arse out to a surfing or diving group, take up Bullfighting, anything, just interact with other enthusiasts, join their social circle, meet new mates. There may even be some women there to chase and poke. In the words of a child-slavery corporation - "Just do it".

Same goes for you GodofRhythhm, just fucking snap out of it!!! As has been said, it might help to go and get medical help, they have little green pills, red ones, them little brown ones etc etc.

As someone who came fucking close to snogging a 12 bore, or worse, just fading away like a withering plant, I tell you both now, DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE DRAGGED DOWN. Fight it.

I know now it was obvious I was in trouble, and the solutions sound easy today, but sitting under a black cloud, it is hard to see a way out. Sometimes you can't even see the fucking black cloud, you just feel like shit. The years fly by and your life drips away really quickly if you let it, no-one is going to restore it for you, only YOU can do something about it.

Having some joker tell you to simply smile and go out and join a happy throng of new friends sounds fucking ridiculous, but trust me, when you do it you will look back and think "how could I have been so blind, that joker was right, it was easy".

SO, what the fuck are you waiting for?
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Get a hunting rifle and a good scope and a tall building. Then look for mimes and other "street performers".

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                        I got you ALL beat..tell 'em John..

I been out of the house 5 times this Summer..maybe. :ROTF:

I'm a pale, recluse that hisses at the sight of the sun!!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"This too shall pass"...

Life is a big circle. You'll run it's course sooner or later. Unless you develop "habits" that keep you there. Just keep plugging along and you'll get out of it...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            "This too shall pass"...

Life is a big circle. You'll run it's course sooner or later. Unless you develop "habits" that keep you there. Just keep plugging along and you'll get out of it...
                            I once plugged my schlong in a vase and couldn't get out of it..

I don't need to go out..It's best if I don't. I'm in LOVE with my house and everything I love is under my roof..there is no need to go out..except to drive my Cobra...which isn't often.

Here's the thing, Due to "pain" and other things..I don't play nice with others. It's best if I avoid people. As my pain increases my tolerance for stupidity decreases..I'm used to saying whatever I want to whoever..wherever..and don't mind confrontation/fights, it's what I did for a living and did it well.

I get therapy twice a month and take meds for it..which "numbs" me from the assholes.

Try to understand..I have be trained to observe everything and anything illegal. I'll be with my family and see the the stolen car in front of me, or the drug deal on the corner, or the look out on the side of a check cashing place getting robbed and ect ect...nobody sees this, but I do ..then my heart rate skyrockets ...I don't let my family know..I try to tune it out ..so we just can do what is planned and go to dinner.

I been programmed to swoop down like a hawk when I see these activities like I've done for years, but I'm "retired"..but I can't disconnect that feeling or pretend I don't see it..I'm that same guy!!

does this makes sense..anyone understand..I'm in a different situation I guess, than your normal "funk"

I been told this will never change..This is quite the norm with folks in my position. Some of the folks take it better than others..some go on happy, some shoot their brain out..I'm in the middle of that!
                            Last edited by horns666; 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My first thought was if you are masturbating more than once a day, you will never leave the house. Seriously though, I dont really care to go out and do much either. Of course, I have already seen the world twice over at Uncle Sam's expense and not much is new anymore.
                              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                              X