Utah mine accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah mine accident

I've been following this thing for the last ten days or so.
    What a freaking tragedy, who knows if those guys are alive or not. If they are what a horrible way to die, no water, no food, no light.
    If they are dead... well a least they are burried. Those families not knowing. Just a sad story.

Then, their friends while trying to get them out get killed as well!

Mining is a dangerous profession no matter how safe you may make it. When you have a gazillion tons of dirt and rock on top of you, what can you do? Put some 2X4s a hope for the best?

The only thing I wished they had, was some GPS locators. Those will certainly expedite the rescue or recovery of the miners.
    Good bless those men, all they were trying to do was to make a living and put some food on the table.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

There comes a time to let it go. Now, 3 people have died to save 6 maybe alive people. This doesn't add up. Yes. They are miners and my heart goes out to the families. But, the mine is a deathtrap.
    Last edited by fett; 08-17-2007, 10:02 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm from southern WV and know quite a bit about mining. I remember the Sago accident and how bad it was when the families were all told their loved ones were alive, only to find out they were in fact dead.

The mining industry along with MSHA(Mine Safety & Health Admin) cares nothing for the well-being of miners. The industry is only concerned with profit and public image (so as to not interrupt profit). MSHA is corrupt from the bottom to the very top. My Dad still works for MSHA--it's SAD what the bureaucracy has caused. He has a letter, from a top supervisor, where he was warned to NOT report any safety violations.

Comment

Sadly, I don't think GPS works underground... Can't hit the satelites I'm thinking.....

Tragic shit.. A terrible way to go...

Comment

CNN was saying this morning that the collapse wasn't caused by earth tremors as originally reported. Instead they're caused because the mountain has so many holes in it from being mined, it's like a piece of swiss cheese and is losing it's structural integrity.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
          X