Bonds ties Aaron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds ties Aaron

Don't know if anyone cares, but Barry Bonds has tied Hank Aaron's home run record.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-05-2007, 12:15 AM.
    -Rick

Comment

Yup - I could too if I was popping dem needles....:ROTF:
      Strat God Music
      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Even though I'm not a fan, I'll be rooting hard for A-Rod to stay healthy & break it asap. Hopefully no dirt will come out on him, but I guess nothing would shock me anymore.

Comment

This entire argument has been really bad for baseball...It is easy to argue that steroids make you stronger, that is a gimme...However, I look at skinny golfers and weak-looking pitchers who drive balls 350 yards or throw 95-mph heat. It is more about form that brute strength in most cases...Bonds is a great long-ball hitter. Period. Great eye and quick reflexes. I don't think anyone can argue Bonds is great. An asshole, yes...But great? I would have to say "hell yes".

The part that creates the "*" is the question of HOW much faster and HOW much stronger did Barry being juiced-up add to his HR total? Unfortunately for baseball, Barry will never be remembered as great, only as a cheater. Hell, if steroids helped him turn quicker on 10% of those home-runs or allowed him to just eek the ball of the fence, he would still only be a season or two from breaking the record. He has reached an incredible plateau that most people will never, ever see in their professions.

I remember reading a poll a few weeks ago and many of the MLB'ers said they consider Barry the best in the game. I am probably with the rest of America and really don't care for Barry and this HR chase which should have been so fun (remember the Maguire chase? That was fun for all of America until in-retrospect it turn-out that he was a juicer also)

Not sure why I typed all of this, like I said, this chase hasn't really been any fun and in the end, I am not a BArry fan either, lol...

Not trying to stick-up for him, but just think we need to remember that the juice isn't what made Barry hit the home runs...There was also a lot of skill involved.

Comment

The juice (especially if he used HGH) gave him the ability to not only keep going, but to get even better in the late stage of his career. At that point, most people are winding down and can't grind out 162 games like they could before. Their recovery time gets longer. He was one of the best ever without the juice, but I think he would've hit somewhere in the 500 HR range and probably would've had to retire a couple of years ago.

Comment

Bud Selig will be very happy when they serve up the 60 mph "Fastball" that Bonds will hit in SF tomorrow. They had a great story on NPR about Selig having to follow Bonds around. It was funny. The upshot was; "Barry. Just get this over with. You're breaking my balls here!"
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Even though I'm not a fan, I'll be rooting hard for A-Rod to stay healthy & break it asap. Hopefully no dirt will come out on him, but I guess nothing would shock me anymore.
                Conseco has already gone on record saying A-Rod is a juicer as well. I guess Jose is the narc when it comes to this shit. I don't buy it. Jose is just trying to stay in the limelight...

Fuck Barry and his huge Steriod riddled head. I hate that guy. Not only because he's juiced but because he's just an asshole. How does your HR output go from 30 per year to 70? The older you get the stronger? Hummm... Seems fishy...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

not without the juice tho Trust me if Hank Aaron juiced up on roids for the llast few years of his career he's have a hell of a lot more HR's that 755

I like Barry Bonds and always thought he was a sloid all around player, then something like roids changed him into a HR hitter. To me breaking Hanks record really means very little.....I remember watching Hank Aaron break the record, baseball was a different game back then than it is today.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

+1000

Fug Bonds. Just go away Freak.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

They all take roids. A Rod included. A Rod is a greta player before roids but roids will make him better. I personally thing roger clemons used too but who cares. Fotball is knockin on the door and well no one cares if football players juice up

Comment

Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

So many important issues on this board lately.
                          Custom shop Charvel concerns, Barry Bonds and steriods, stellar stuff gang.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

oh can you show me the file that says proven guilty?

Comment

Look at Bond's Rookie Card. Add 20+ years. I wonder if his bulk is due to age or .........
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X