Recover(ed?)ing GASaholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover(ed?)ing GASaholic

Since finding this infernal site 2 years ago--as well as another--I've been through more gear than I ever imagined putting hands on prior to that. GAS attacks regularly, and AmpAS and PedalAS attacks.

A few months ago I had had it. I sold off 8 guitars in a span of 3 months. I sold off 4 amps, including one I had owned since 1991. I sold off over 25 pedals.

I'm proud to report that I'm down to 2 1/2 amps (heh) 3 pedals I use regularly, 3 guitars, and a bass git + amp. The only things I see on my horizon are a pocket pod, fractal FX (so I can sell my overpriced delay, fixed wah, boost/fuzz, pedal power, etc., and maybe the Fractal will replace one of my two remaining amps), and a new Charvel (I have a huge credit at a indie music store and I simply haven't been tempted by anything there in over 4 months, even though he's stocked with custom stuff and great amps).

I think the addiction is over:

Here is what remains:

well done man i love that jackson !!
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Great collection, interesting pedals.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Good for you! I bet it is a good feeling. I too have gone through a LOT of gear since discovering the JCF. I always thought it would be cool to get it down to about 2 really amazing guitars and just be happy with that - but for me, I guess the ongoing hunt is part of the fun.

Comment

You still have some very cool stuff left then!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
          X