No announcement yet.

So I'm kind of jaded & bored lately ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm kind of jaded & bored lately ...

... and thinking about ditching everything but one guitar and one amp. I'm tempted to package it all up and look for a buyer. Hmmm ....
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Uh, go for it?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The biggest thing stopping me is that I honestly wouldn't know how to price it and I'm sure a package deal like that would be underwhelming on the 'bay.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

All those GMP's off to the slaughterhouse?

Don't do it, you'll regret it later for sure....
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Send a couple to me, I'll babysit. Maybe I'll send them back.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It would be interesting to see what the whole lot would fetch on ebay.... Throw it up with an insanely high reserve....

Comment

Try getting in touch with CC from Poison. He might buy all your GMP's!

Comment

I don't think CC has that much money
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OK, the domains are registered (I figured this would require its own site), and the Sale of the Century will progress ... just as soon as I get 'em all in one place.

Comment

you mean all that gear you keep in your giant beer cooler?
                    do you remember that? do you even still have that?! was that you or have i lost my mind? :ROTF:

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                    ... and thinking about ditching everything but one guitar and one amp. I'm tempted to package it all up and look for a buyer. Hmmm ....

Comment

Giant beer cooler or shelter for homeless midgets, right? Yeah, those and the 30-ish others that keep piling up here, and the giant beer cooler, and all the rest of the crap aside from one Roxie and my Vetta.

Comment

I've seen people do this with mixed results. Some find it the best thing in the world. Purging themself of past things and starting fresh. Others end up missing what was sold and wishing they would have never done it...

I would sleep on it for at least a week. These kind of decisions shouldn't be made in haste. That way there is no regrets if you took the time to really think it out...

But maybe you have? If so, good luck. I know you have some nice pieces...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Do it man. who needs guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            I would sleep on it for at least a week. These kind of decisions shouldn't be made in haste. That way there is no regrets if you took the time to really think it out...

But maybe you have? If so, good luck. I know you have some nice pieces...
                            I have and I always come back to the same few points: 1) when I owned one guitar I played the shit out of it, now that I own 40 I spend more time farting around with 'em, adjusting 'em, maintaining 'em, buying 'em, selling 'em, talking about 'em, etc. than I do playing 'em ... I'd really like to get back to playing the guitar; 2) I've sold hundreds (literally) over the years and have never had seller's remorse yet; 3) there's really no reason for me to have this much money tied up in gear, not that I need the cash it might generate but it's just began to seem a bit silly to me; and 4) my penis is nowhere near small enough to require a collection like this.

Comment

Do it. I do things like that every few years. I'll collect alot of something for a few years, then I'm like wtf do I need all this stuff for, and I'll sell everything off. I never have buyers remorse, it's just stuff to me. I don't get attached to stuff.

Like you I'm considering getting rid of my guitars. I don't even pick them up anymore, they are just sitting in cases taking up spaces.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
                              X