In love with "Shock Rock"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In love with "Shock Rock"!

Since highschool (mid to late 80's) I have always thought that the Misfits were one of the best punk bands ever. No thanks to Metallica covering 2 of their songs: Last Caress and Green Hell and then later Die Die My Darling, I have been hooked. I love to shred out a killer solo for sure. If I didn't I wouldn't be playin Jackson guitars. Since White Zombie and Marilyn Manson have been keeping it all alive as well as many other bands I have maintained an interest in the Goth genre. It just freaks me out to see Joey Jordison with a low slung Les Paul gettin down and even doing a solo here and there. The blacknes, the makeup...........I can go as far back as KISS here. How do you guys feel about bands like Murderdolls, Wednesday 13, etc. ?

It just freaks me out to see Joey Jordison with a low slung Les Paul gettin down and even doing a solo here and there.
    Joey's a drummer. Has he been playing guitar lately as well (I honestly wouldn't have a clue)?
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

goth has nothing to do with shock rock... all those bands like Sisters Of Mercy etc. are laid back and melanholic.... they don't try to shock anyone

Alice Cooper is by far the best when it comes to shock rock... a true original... I'm a die hard fan.... all the others are copying him

Huge fan of Kiss

love White Zombie and some Rob's solo stuff

I agree Misfits is one of the best punk bands.

I dig WASP

The early Motley Crue or the image they have right now fits also... huge Crue fan

Manson is ok

Gwar is... ahh welll... I can live with them

Lordi, Lizzy Borden, Murderdolls etc. leaves me cold

many punk bands like The Sex Pistols acted like shock rock but didn't have the shock rock image

I dig many of those japanese like Glay wich have wild image and great live shows
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

ENDRIK! What are you doing in a healthy day rhythm? You're up at 7.30?

SOM was and/or is playing somewhere around here. I saw a poster in town a couple of days ago, wish I could've gone...
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Joey's a drummer. Has he been playing guitar lately as well (I honestly wouldn't have a clue)?

Joey Deacon? Wow, I didn't realise he was that talented!
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
            He's played guitar for Murderdolls.

Comment

I know Wednesday 13 pretty well (his real name's Joe Poole), he's a local here and comes in my store when he's in town....really quiet, laid-back intelligent nice guy, but I've never heard his band before.

Comment

I thought this was gonna be a thread about the band Impailer...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

No shit Boxcar! Let him know if he ever needs another guitarist I would love to volunteer. I look scary without trying and know most of the songs! HA HA HA!

Yeah, Joey Jordison plays guitar. Back when the Murderdolls first came out I thought Joey played drums for them until I saw their DVD. He would be the short one with long straight hair playing either a silverburst LP Custom or a black SG. He uses an EMG 81 in the bridge.

I dig the energy these guys all seem to have on stage. I have tried everything to jump around all over, but never can stay consistant with it. I have to stop and concentrate. I guess when you play the same damn songs every night for months you just get comfortable enough to go all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    goth has nothing to do with shock rock... all those bands like Sisters Of Mercy etc. are laid back and melanholic.... they don't try to shock anyone
                    Sisters of Mercy!

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                    X