Texas Hold 'Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Hold 'Em

Great game. I was all used to me, my step-son and his wife playing. But, Josh, the 16 year old wonder, has fucked everything up. Now, there are 4 players. It's a whole new world. That kid really knows how to play. I was a little concerned about introducing a teen to our game. Butt fuck. That's all I have to say about that.:ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

http://www2.pokerpages.com/poker-sof...derboards.htm?

I like playing on Poker pages. Fun game.

Comment

:ROTF: There is nothing worse than getting a new player at the table that has a natural feel for the game and no realization of the odds and gets cards to make me look like an ass. We play for a $10 buy in. But, that's not the fucking point. You can't bluff the kid.:ROTF:

Comment

Yeah, I have played a lot of poker. I used to play a lot of games where no matter where the game was progressed in the hand, the minimum bet was always $2.00. That made it hard to play strategically, bevause if you just threw in $4.00 of bets....what another $2.00....it was basically showdown. Then I found a game that had progressive betting that went 2-4-6-8 on the bets and the people had to actually think about the cards instead of just throwng their money in.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

When my friends all get togther for camping trips or fair size get togethers we usually end playing Texas hold em, 5 dollar buy in, and 2 or 3 of the kids usually get in to the game and, the little buggers usually end up winning, you can't bluff em, and there is no logic to the hands they'll play, I can usually do quite well at 5 card draw, but hold em just isn't my game I guess, cuz I seem to get cleaned out on a regular basis
          Last edited by FusionFarmer; 07-22-2007, 05:44 PM.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Shit. We go on the blinds 20/40; 40/80; 80/160 and we stop at 160/320. We start with 600 chips. We used to divide that by three. Now there is the teenager pro the makes 4. Same amount of chips divided and a whole new game. I like it.

Comment

Back in the 1980's, I used to play in a poker "league" comprised of landmen and guys working in the oil and gas business. Sure, the game was fun, but the best part was meeting at a different house each week and eating and drinking WAY too much. If you lost a couple of C notes, big deal.

Now that it's on TV all the fucking time and portrayed as a sport, I've lost all interest.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Shit. We go on the blinds 20/40; 40/80; 80/160 and we stop at 160/320. We start with 600 chips. We used to divide that by three. Now there is the teenager pro the makes 4. Same amount of chips divided and a whole new game. I like it.
                Ditto we'll split the chips evenly, usually 6-7 way, and progrssive blinds for four rounds, one thing we usually do is, 2nd place gets his 5 bucks back and winner takes the rest
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

My highschool poker nights in the '60's were a blast. We smoked and drank and played 'til dawn. I almost caused one of my best friends to lose his wife. He was losing big-time. He went into his money they were saving for a suit. I was playing with my paycheck. And I didn't care. Being the nice guy I am, we played on until 5AM. He broke even and we went out to breakfast.

Comment

The 3 "burns" That was instituted to prevent cheating on Texas. That fucks up everything. Like I can figure what card I need when 3 are out of play. I need to convince our game to stop that. Put all the cards in play. Damnit.

Comment

Want your heart beating nervously, play 3 card guts, loser matches the pot if there are two or more people with "guts" after you recieve your three cards. After almost 3 days at my friends dining room table, the pot had 16k and change in it. my friend Duncan called guts, nobody else did, so it goes around the table again, nobody called gut, so then he had to beat the top 3 cards off the top of the deck and he took it all.
                      I was gonna call guts with a pair of jack's, but he went first and called guts right away, i went 4th out of 6 of us and said fukkit, luckily he had a 3,4,and 5 of clubs for a straight flush. he was happy to say the least.
                      My favorite game is 7 card stud, follow the queen, low spade in the whole splits the pot. when the queen comes up on the board the card that follows it is wild , unless another queen comes up and it could change. Queens are always wild up or down. big pots in that one too.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                      X