Is there a doctor in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a doctor in the house?

I watch the ass-end of a soap before the noon news. The drug ads are all over those shows. I have noticed that when it comes time to ask the "Man" about how this drug is just right for me, they refer to the "Man" as the "Prescriber".:ROTF: What's up? Doc.
    Last edited by fett; 07-16-2007, 02:17 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet, and sometimes TV. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Unfortunately, in MANY cases, the drug reps know much more about the prescription drugs than the prescribing physician. The best person to ask about a certain prescription is probably your pharmacist. Or, you could always try to look it up in a Physician's Desk Reference. That way, you can read about all of the side effects, benefits, risks and alternatives in addition to what the drug is actually for.

BTW, about 20% of prescription medication nowadays is off label. What does this mean? It means that a lot of doctors have found out that a certain medication they were prescribing their patients with symptom x was helping with symptom y. That happened enough that now whenever a patient comes in with symptom y, they get that medication prescribed, regardless of whether or not the drug was designed to work for symptom y in the first place. Food for thought.

Comment

This referring to the only person that can prescibe drugs as something other than a "Doctor" scares me. I don't use that shit anyway. But, I just thought this was interesting.
        Last edited by fett; 07-16-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet, and sometimes TV. :ROTF:
          Substitute "guitar player" for "doctor" What?

Comment

I ain't the rock doc... if you listen to me play, you'll probably get sick.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't need no doctor

Comment

No Doctor No!

Comment

I'm an amateur gynaecologist. No qualifications, but I'll have a fucking good look at it. I've got loooooooooooads of latex gloves too!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                  X