Any Dr Who fans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Dr Who fans here

I got some abuse for Xena/Hercules so I'm ready for the worst haha!

I'm not talking about the new series, I'm talking classic 4th Doctor!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/class...x_fourth.shtml

They are still fun to watch

I wasn't a huge fan, but they were tolerable. I never knew why mic placement and clear speech were such a mystery to that show - I could hardly hear a word that was being said most of the time.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yea, grew up with it. Every weeknight, 6.30pm, right after The Goodies

I'm actually enjoying the new series too
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Ha ha! I remember the Goodies. We're old!

I liked the Dr. Who theme song...if it's the same one it was kinda spooky?
        I used to record it onto a tape and play it pointed out the door on Halloween.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Tom Bake is THE Doctor. I do really like the newer two guys though. Good stuff. It's funny, my 8 year old doesn't get scared at Lord Of the Rings and stuff like that, but the old cheesey Tom Baker era Doctor scares the shit out of her!
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I love the new series. Freaking excellent!

I do really like the old series, as I grew up watching it, but the new series is just fantastic.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I live just down the road from where Tom Baker regenerated to Peter Davidson...

The new Drs. have been good so far. Mind you I miss the wobbly sets and polystyrene monsters.

So who's the scariest baddies. It's the cybermen for me. Flying Daleks just look wrong to me.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

I liked the Dr. Who theme song...if it's the same one it was kinda spooky?
                D
                Yeah, If your into synths and recording it's an interesting story - I just read about it in a synth mag, sort of spliced together note by note.

The same story (with too much detail) is on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_theme_music

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post

So who's the scariest baddies. It's the cybermen for me. Flying Daleks just look wrong to me.
                  The Sontarans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sontarans

They remind me of my coworkers.

Comment

wow, I'd completely forgotten about the Sontarans. That's a good choice.

But it's the Cybermen for me too
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Fuck yeah Doctor Who rules.

Tom Baker is by far the best Doctor, although there have been some other good ones. I like the new guy.

The Cybermen were definitely scary, but the robots from Robots of Death really freaked me out.

The Master was great too, a classic villain. He even had the ultra-villainous goatee.

They obviously have a much bigger budget these days. The older episodes were filmed on a shoestring.

So who's the hottest assistant?
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here's a really cool Wikipedia list of all the Doctor Who villains.

I'll bet you guys didn't know that Eric Roberts played The Master at one point.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          Fuck yeah Doctor Who rules.

Tom Baker is by far the best Doctor, although there have been some other good ones. I like the new guy.

The Cybermen were definitely scary, but the robots from Robots of Death really freaked me out.

The Master was great too, a classic villain. He even had the ultra-villainous goatee.

They obviously have a much bigger budget these days. The older episodes were filmed on a shoestring.

So who's the hottest assistant?
                          Leela! or the brunette Romana,

Comment

I watch the new series and also watch torchwood allthough it is extremely camp and cheesy...

Did watch a lot of the older stuff allthough doctor who had pretty much dried up when I started watching it allthough I have seen some older eps really enjoy the new series....

and it's filmed about 30 minutes from where I live, and my dad usualy recognises the streets and whatnot as he sued to work in cardiff...

Comment

The Sontarans were great!

The recent episode "Blink" was creepy as hell. Man that was freaky!
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X