No announcement yet.

Holy Shit, Chiropractic Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trained my wife to do the adjustments that my chiropractor was doing. She does it perfectly, and it takes literally seconds. My upper back feels awesome, and it's free!!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've always been sceptical of chiropratrics, but today I had my first chiropratric treatment ever. I'm recovering from an auto accident, and from all of my leg damage I've not been walking normally, and pinched the siatic nerve. My doctor today did a couple of moves on my lower back area, and the nurse gave me a shot in the ass.

I got prescriptions for muscle relaxers and pain killers.

If this makes the pain go away, I'll become a believer.

Comment

My wife had the worse case of Scoliosis. She had back surgery whe she was 8 years old and did fine. When I met her I really couldn't tell anything was wrong...other than she was 4' 10", but she was cute!

So with that in mind we consulted with her Spine doctor if it was OK to have a kid. He gave us the green light , and so we did. But it really took a toll on her because of her tiny frame . Her back literally collapsed. It went from a mild S shape like seen above to a sharp KISS or Nazi SS lightning bolt, zig zag..but somehow her spinal cord wasn't effected, It would be if urgent measures wasn't taken. So she went under the knife for 14+ hours and lost 14 pints of blood, donated by me and family. They installed four18" herrington rods and removed a rib and fused it to her mid thorasic area..that rib grew three times the size since, exactly what they wanted. But I almost lost her in that ordeal..she had menangistis growing on the hardware. She was very sick in the hospital for nearly 6 months on massive amounts of antibiotics..she was on a food tube for 4 months and was a mere 68 lbs...That was from Oct 97 to April of 98. I had to take off a year to assist her at home. Vinny was three and was crying for his mom at night during the holidays, I had to be upbeat for him. Her surgeon called me up once crying on the phone..saying he was sorry. He's my guy now in cas I ever decide to get my surgery.

She pulled thru for 10 years she was doing great until Oct 2006 when she fell at work. MRI revealed 4 herniated discs in her lower lumber..and she's having probs and. Her employer is being a dick about it..I literally went down to their office and cornered the one in charge..that is no lie, which was helpful. But, she's eating great and looking good, and her spirits is good ..things will work out..they did before and we are conferring with the same doctors now..and they love her.

I took care of her, then she took care of me..now we're both fucked up!

No Chiro..they could tweak something the wrong way in our severe cases and make matters worse..or not. I'm not a gambling man..don't want to take those chances.

But alot of people I know swear by them and encourage me to go..but my doctors strongly advised against it.

sucks gettin' old..arthristis blows..!!!
        Last edited by horns666; 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          so basically, that's a patient of yours and you are advertising your success and your practice? got it! I personally dont like chiropractic treatments. They are not real doctors and from what I've heard, anyone can take some courses and become a chiropractor. I Went once to a chiropractor, a cute blonde "assistant" massaged my back every other day. That was good, but the pain came up the very next day after the massage. Only good sitting posture has rid me of my back pain which I suffered for almost 5 years.
          Nope, not advertising my success at all, just pointing out what Chiroparctic is capable of for those who still live in denial or doubt. In fact, those here who know me know that I am finishing up my clinicals as a senior intern at school. So, this is a patient that I have been treating under the licenses of the doctors in the clinic under the college's outpatient system.

As far as not being real doctors and taking SOME courses to become a Chiropractor, unfortunately you have been misinformed. If you would like to learn more about Chiropractic and the educational requirements to become licensed, I will be more than happy to educate in any way I can.

Comment

Chiropractors must be licensed, requiring 2 to 4 years of undergraduate education, the completion of a 4-year chiropractic college course, and passing scores on national and State examinations.

Comment

my apologies!
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                Chiropractors must be licensed, requiring 2 to 4 years of undergraduate education, the completion of a 4-year chiropractic college course, and passing scores on national and State examinations.

Good answer. Except that the Chiropractic college course curriculum lasts 5 full academic years. We go in trimesters so that the program lasts 3 & 1/3 calendar years. The average credit hour per semester is about 30, so they keep us pretty busy. In fact, this trimester, I am at school most days for 10-12 hours. My short day keeps me there for about 8 hours straight. Keep in mind, that includes working in the clinic after classes are done for the day.

In my personal situation, I finished my undergrad degree at the University of Illinois before attending Logan College of Chiropractic. I earned a 2nd B.S. degree early in the program. After earning my Doctor of Chiropractic degree, I will have been in college/professional school for about 9 years.

Comment

Okay I found some info: medical school and chiropractic school(?) are both four years, however medical schools typically require a masters degree for entry, while only some chiropractic schools require even a bachelor's degree - most are okay with 90 credits and a semi-good GPA.

I don't know, I'm sure you help lots of people but it still seems to me that you're just treating the symptoms and not the injury/condition. This is nothing personal against you 1trussell, just my opinion of chiropractors in general.
                  Scott

Comment

I won't flood this board with a bunch of posts about Chiropractic philosphy, or start an inflammatory discussion with people who don't agree. So if anyone wants to know more about Chiropractic, how and why it works, the good, the bad and the ugly, feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'll be more than happy to discuss things with anyone and everyone. If I can do nothing but educate one person about why Chiropractic is the greatest health care profession in the world, then it's all worth it to me.

Comment

Chiropractic only treats the symptoms!? I'm sorry but that is a highly uneducated statement. Medical Doctors who dole out pills are only treating the symptoms.

Manual manipulation of the spine achieves identical results whether it's by a non-invasive process like Chiro or cutting someone open for surgery, and thus risking the patient bleeding to death on the table, as happened to one of my Grandmother's friends. Of course you have 0 chance of infection from Chiro.

If you have back pain and you take a pain killer, THAT is treating the symptom, NOT the problem.

If you have back pain and go to a good Chiropractor and he/she finds that you have a slipped disc and pops it back in place, THAT is treating the problem AND relieving the symptoms.

I strongly suggest you naysayers take him up on his offer to fill you in on the whole deal, because you urgently need a dose of reality.

ANd yes, Chiropractors ARE real Doctors, just not M.D.s (Medical Doctor/Medicine Dispenser). They are D.C.s - Doctor Of Chiropractic. Note it says "DOCTOR" first? With M.D.s it says "MEDICINE" first.

That oughta tell you something.
                      Last edited by Newc; 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Chiropractic only treats the symptoms!?

If you have back pain and go to a good Chiropractor and he/she finds that you have a slipped disc and pops it back in place, THAT is treating the problem AND relieving the symptoms.
                        The disks are protective shock-absorbing pads between the bones of the spine. Although they do not actually "slip," a disk may split or rupture. This can cause the disk to fail, allowing the gel to escape into the surrounding tissue. The leaking jellylike substance can place pressure on the spinal cord or on a single nerve fiber and cause pain either around the damaged disk or anywhere along the area controlled by that nerve. This condition is also known as a herniated, ruptured, prolapsed, or, more commonly, slipped disk.

I'm not disagreeing with everything you said but popping a slipped disk into place would be a pretty good trick according to this definition of a slipped disk.

Comment

Working...
                        X