but i preffered to pay with a draft cheque, just because of my absence
    at home,i will rather instruct my banker to issue out the
    cheque for the payment of your items and it get to ur location
    A.S.A.P, After the cheque get clear, my shipper willlater come for the
    pick up.....
    "

Now a few thigns stick out here that bothers me:

It seems very generic.
    It doesn't make sense and seems to contradict itself.
    They want to pay with a "cheque"
    They claim not to be at home, and have a shipping company (wtf?) that picks up items for them

So is this some kind of scam?

Scam.
    Delete the email and move on.

I got at least 5 of those when I had my car listed on Craiglist.
    -Rick

Comment

Yup...scam, definitely

Comment

Thanks. Thats what my gut feeling was, especially considering he wanted me to deal with a middle man.

Comment

Total scam, Craigslist id full of tools like that

Comment

I am very fond of the "Nigerian Prince" email. Always good for a laugh

Comment

First 3 words of the email should clue you
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                First 3 words of the email should clue you

"Good day seller, I am interested in the finely crafted music heirloom from the great land of china where it was forged in tradition with excellent craftsmanship"

Comment

ya, generic paste reply.
                  I had an ad for an unopened brand new in the box Dell laptop for sale and the reply actually asked about the condition of the item. Umm duh.

However, I reply to them anyways and restate the conditions Cash in hand or Postal Money Order only.
                  Guarantee you they won't reply

Comment

I would really like to know how anyone falls for these scams. They are so obvious. They must get some people otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Send me $500 and I will forward the ten million dollars I am trying to get out of Nigeria and we can split it 50/50. SURE!! Appears legit to me.

I just don't get it.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

It's called greed. Check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam

and

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

Comment

i fucking hate Nigeria........... i lead one of those bastards on when i sold my kelly, just for laughs. i got a nifty check for 5 grand......
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I got this one the other day! Yippee 500,000 pounds! That's like 1Million US Dollars!

THE COCA COLA COMPANY
                          PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD
                          DEPT:COCA COLA AVENUE
                          STAMFORD BRIDGE LONDON. SW1V 3DW UNITED KINGDOM

THE COCA COLA COMPANY OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded
                          annual final draws held on 26th of June, 2007) by Coca-Cola in
                          conjunction with the British American Tobacco Worldwide Promotion.Your
                          email was among the 20 Lucky winners who won £500,000.00{Five Hundred
                          Thousand Great Britain Pounds} each in the THE COCA\COLA COMPANY WINTER
                          PROMO.

However the results were released today 7th of July, 2007 and your
                          email was attached to ticket number (7PXYZ2007) and ballot number
                          (BT:12152007/17) The online draws was conducted by a random selection
                          of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29,031,43 E-mail
                          addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by
                          an advanced automated random computer search from
                          the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all email
                          addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers,
                          for representation and privacy.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
                          computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) .

This Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed
                          by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).This
                          lottery is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the
                          fiduciary agent as stated below:

****Edited********************************
                          ****Contact info removed to protect the guilty*****

Due to possible mix up of some numbers and email contacts, we ask that
                          you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has
                          been processed and your money remitted. This is part of our security
                          protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by some
                          participants of this program.

CocaCola watch the world grow a smile, possibility abound.
                          See the glass that is half full,not half empty.
                          Grab a bottle, lift the crow, have a drink.....

*Staff of Coca-Cola and the British American Tobacco Company are not to
                          partake in this WINTER PROMOTION.

Accept our hearty congratulations once again!

1.Full Names............................................. ..........

2.ResidentialAddress.............................. ...................

3.Phone Number:Mobile&Home................................ .......

4.Fax Number........................................

5.Occupation:..................................... ..............

6. Sex ...........................................

7. Age .......................

8. Nationality .....................................

9.Ballot No. ...............................

10.Ticket No...........................

11.Religion....................................

*You are advised to forward these informations as soon as possible to
                          enable us attend to your file.

You must be 16 or over to play or claim a prize

Yours Faithfully,
                          Management.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

That's a slightly different scam:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/lottery.asp

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post

11.Religion....................................
                              WTF!
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X