Donny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donny

I talked to Denise (Donny's mom). Donny is now in a coma and is not expected to wake up. Tony, she wanted me to thank you for trying to call...she saw your number on his phone but didn't know who it was. And she wanted me to thank everyone on the boards who has been his friend over the years. She said it brought him a lot of joy to interact with you guys and really lifted his spirits when he got to talk to some of you in the last few weeks/days.

Very special props go out to Hippietim. He flew out from NC to Seattle to hang out with Donny last week. Denise said Donny really lit up with your most recent visits. What you did was huge!

At this point, Donny's family is at Denise's house taking turns by Donny's side. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Donny, I'm hoping for a miracle, but if it's not to be, here's to happiness in your next life...you deserve it, bro!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Shit George - I'm really sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with Donnie, his family and his friends.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I am at a loss for words. I consider Donny to be a good friend of mine. God, this is hard. Donny, my friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

This fuckin' sucks man. I don't really know him personally, but he's one of the guys who sticks out on the board.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Donny is a great friend and awesome to be around.

Donny, babe, we love ya and are thinking of you. And hey - if you get to Heaven before me, see if you can find out if they have Del Taco there!

Comment

damn man this sucks....the dude lived a full life at least and touched more than a few people here!

Comment

Donny - be at peace brother.

George - you've been an amazing friend to Donny and Denise - it's huge what you've done for the rest of us keeping us informed.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

whoa. never got to know him, but i know a lot of people here think highly of him. he and his family are in my prayers.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  George - you've been an amazing friend to Donny and Denise - it's huge what you've done for the rest of us keeping us informed.
                  Yeah, absolutely - you've done so much to help Donnie and him Mom out. Hats off to you George....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hope he gets better and you'd want to go and see Slayer with him again.

Comment

This is so sad. My thoughts are with his family at this time. Thank you for making us aware of this.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I got to spend time with both Donnie and his sister a few years ago at NAMM. He was a fun guy to be around and I'm sooo happy to have been able to hang with him and know him a bit personally. We all have our days on the boards and it is wierd because without that personal interaction we tend to get lost in the keyboard. With Donnie I i was lucky enough to put a personality to his posts.

One night we all went out, got polluted and had a blast. Donnie was so bad that Todd and I walked away with the Dell Taco joke from Donnie and we have always given him a little poke on the board asking where our Tacos were. Sooo ..

Donnie,

I'm happy to call you my friend and if miracles do happen I certainly pray that you are blessed with a big one. If not I look forward to those tacos the next time we meet bro ...

your friend
                        Kev
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'm practically speechless. Mad props to the kid. He didn't let this thing prevent him from living his life on his terms.

When I get to NAMM, first thing I do is go to Del Taco for a salute.
                          Last edited by Tekky; 06-27-2007, 09:29 PM.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

My thought's and prayers go out to Donnie and his family! I'm sorry to hear this news.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Very sad news. Totally bummed. Hoping for a miracle.

Comment

Working...
                              X