Who uses a GPS and which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses a GPS and which one?

I'm currently starting to research a GPS for my car and wanted to know what everyone uses? I think it may be down to a Garvin Nuvi or a LG LN740 based on GPS features only - don't need any extra bells and whistles.

If you have a GPS that is absolutely great, please let me know...

I don't use them. If I don't know where I am, I just drive around until I'm back on track. Or, I go ask directions. Whatever happened to just being on the road and lost to hell?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I've been out looking for commercial properties with a friend recently and used his $300 Tom-Tom. Waaaay easier to use than the Garmin my dad has FWIW.

Comment

I got a Garmin Nuvi 350.....awesome unit...super easy ,and the company has been making GPS for boats for years now,I trust that way more than some other companies crap,like tom-tom or alpine who makes stereo equipment. It;'s pretty nice,points of interest,the tracking is spot on,accurate,easy to hear...plays MP3's blah blah,worth every single penny.

Comment

The $300 TomTom (the TomTom ONE) is a nice product (I have one).

Comment

I have a Tom Tom Go 700...I can't remember where I live without it...brilliant!

Comment

I have one built into my car, but i don't know which one it is. Works well enough though.

Comment

My buddy got me the Magelan (sp?), he was sick of me calling him for directions . It works pretty accurately, but I have to program my inital location each time, maybe it's because I don't use it that often, i don;t know. but once it locates me, it works great. Oh, sometimes it's not the quickest way, but it gets me there.

Comment

I work for hospice and drive 10 to 12 hours a day delivering meds to residences in three states.I tried two or three models and for ease of use and reliability I settled on the Garmin Nuvi.I get a call that says be at this address in 45 minutes that could be anywhere and It has never once let me down

Comment

Another Garmin Nuvi 350 here; it's awesome. I believe they are replacing it with the 250 model any second now, so the prices may drop as they disappear. The 250 is silent, which is like having to look at a map in heavy traffic. Get one that talks and you'll be better off when you're far from home.
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I love my nuvi 350,instant saveable waypoints rock,plus the POI feature really kicks ass,need a gas station>? Press the POI-> fuel button,and you see all the gas stations closest to you,their phone number etc, and direction and distance,one more touch and youre on your way. Doesnt get better than that. I've found restaurants I would have never known existed this way,it's like playing dinner roulette

Also,the australian girls voice is amazingly accurate,it's like having Nicole Kidman giving you directions

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                        I have a Tom Tom Go 700...I can't remember where I live without it...brilliant!
                        i love my tom-tom , its so easy to use just type in post code and follow the arrows done
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Garmin, but use mine on the boat,.....wouldn't do well on land.
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Have you checked out the Sony NV-U82/92 series? No damn cameras, media players, picture books, FM senders etc. Just a really good screen and navigation!

Comment

Another Garmin Nuvi here...I have the 360 I think (The same as the 350 w. Bluetooth)

Would not be without one ever again.

Was house hunting for a couple of months...Amazing to plug-in addresses you see in the apaper and turn-off your mind.

It is a seriously accurate tool, when it says turn right, you are ALWAYS in the intersection

If shopping for one, I would say you need to make sure it has VTT (Voice-To-Text). Rather than saying "In 500 ft, turn right" it will say "In 500 feet, turn right on North Main Street". It is well worth the extra 50 bucks it adds to the cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X