Cat control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat control!

We have desert landscaping and the neighborhood cats have decided to use my yard as a toilet. Any thoughts on how to keep the cats (more accurately their happy little landmines) out of my yard?

I am thinking that getting a fresh load of rock in my yard might help. Over the years the rock has deminished due to landscaping and such. I am thinking a new load might be rocky enough that their little kitty paws aren't as effective at digging in it.

I am not really into hurting the cats so deadfall traps or shooting them isn't really an option I am interested in...at this time.

Can ya help a brotha out?

I found that small rock (somewhat bigger than gravel) Especially volcanic, seems to do the trick.

Comment

Either a dog or a shotgun.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A Malinois will do the job perfectly, but you'll have shredded cats and holes everywhere.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

A little bit of amonia sprayed around the area will keep them away.
          Cats can't stand the smell and will stay away.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

"Cat Control":ROTF: Isn't that an oxymoron? I'm sure they make store-bought repellants. The ammonia might be a little too smelly if it gets hot outside. Oh, you live in AZ. That goes without saying.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I may have to try amonia and see how that works. Maybe in small doses to test the stink factor. I was spraying weeds this morning and I sprayed weed poison around were they tend to hang out. I was hoping the stink might keep them away. I have heard mothballs will work, but I am not sure how long they would last and I don't really want a yard full of mothballs.

It is getting too hot here to spend a day or two spreading rock so I may have to wait for the fall to re-rock.

I think your are correct Fett "Cat Control" is an oxymoron!! Those ornery bastards!

One of them had kittens under a palm tree a few years ago. I didn't call animal control because I knew they would kill them. I guess they are thanking me by using my yard as a toilet...I probably should have called animal control.

Comment

There's a really strong, pepper-based granule that Home Depot carries, not cheap (about $10 for enough to cover a small yard), but it works!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

If the rocks are too small you'll wake up to find strange patterns in your yard - commonly referred to as Crap Circles, because they'll rake tem into a small mound. It always looks like little alien landing pads

Amonia crystals, Kittie No, and similar items work pretty well, as does a sprinkler you can turn on from inside the house, and charging out the front door with a fly swatter.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He's been pussywhipped.:ROTF:
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Either a dog or a shotgun.
                      He said no hurting no shooting, ya doofus!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        If the rocks are too small you'll wake up to find strange patterns in your yard - commonly referred to as Crap Circles, because they'll rake tem into a small mound. It always looks like little alien landing pads
                        Crap circles! LOL! Classic...I know them well and now I know the appropriate term for them. Maybe we should start a web page discussing the mystery of them.

I will have to look for the pepper stuff or kitty no.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          The ammonia might be a little too smelly if it gets hot outside. Oh, you live in AZ. That goes without saying.
                          Ammonia still smells better than cat piss.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X