Who's the real Spinal Tap Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the real Spinal Tap Band

I mean the band most likely who they copied when they created Spinal Tap, my guess is Iron Maiden
    I say the boy ain't right!

They're roughly modeled after Iron Maiden, Saxon, Judas Priest, Status Quo, and The Who (exploding drummer).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought the Stonehenge thing was a pisstake on Black Sabbath set they toured with years ago?
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Ten Years After had an LP "Stonehenge". I know no one cares, but they are my most favorite band.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The people who made Spinal Tap accompanied Saxon on one of their UK tours before making the film.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
            The people who made Spinal Tap accompanied Saxon on one of their UK tours before making the film.
            +1 - that would be Rob Reiner, aka Meathead. Having met Biff and the boys, it does not surprise me...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Saxon is definitely Spinal Tappish... Seriously...

They put on an enjoyable show tho...

Comment

Like someone else said, the stonehenge thing was a take off of Sabbaths stonehenge set which was too big to fit into some venues.

Comment

Manowar!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

motley crue anyone?
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Saw Kiss on the first or second reunion tour. Gene got stuck as they lowered him during God of Thunder and a roadie had to come out and put a box underneath his feet. In the same show, Paul got stuck on the cable that takes him to the satellite stage and Gene had to do most of the vocals while Paul was stranded. Didn't matter though cuz seeing the original lineup in full gear rocked.

Comment

Working...
                      X