No announcement yet.

It just doesn't feel right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a fact, Jack. My son is a truck driver for Curcuit City deliver the goods guy. He lives in Marin County, Calif. That is in the top 3 richest counties in the nation. Business has just dried up. This is not a good sign.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

We are headed towards a modern day depression. Start stockpiling potatoes immediately. It's all Bush I tell ya! And our choices for the next election don't look all that rosey either. Big oil is ass raping John Q. Taxpayer and we see it everywhere from the grocery store to the pump. I vote for an uprising. Fuck 'em all.

Comment

My son is my stat. I lived in Marin for 30 years. If those bastards ain't buying, God help us all.

Comment

I have a front row seat and am waiting for this to unfold. How they substantiate the ruse will be done in the usual manner. If it ain't broke... America loves a dog and pony show and they are all too happy to provide it for you.
          Last edited by El_Kabong; 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I love CNBC. It's all about the hype of new highs on the Dow and the S&P. It's all about the hyped market in China . It's all about how the sub-prime RS market is not a worry. It's all BS. My son sees it, you guys see it, houses sit, food prices are going up and up, and everything is just ducky according to the Stats the Gov pumps out. Bets?
            Last edited by fett; 05-20-2007, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I bet we're fucked... Looks pretty fucked from here kids...

Comment

I'll go with lightly to moderately fucked. The same folks that aren't buying at Circuit City these days are the ones with shitty credit whose ARMs are just kicking up to their much higher long-term rates. All of those latecomers who stretched beyond their means to get into what they perceived as a sure-thing in the previously hot real estate sector will fare about as well as the latecomers to the stock market who suddenly plunge their life's savings in right at the top before a correction. Fact is some of those folks need to be wiped out and their subprime lenders along with them that sort of thing is good for the economy in the long run in the same way forest fires are good for forests in the long run.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Interesting conceptualization there...

Hmm... Hope yer right...

Comment

Yet. You are so academic(Sp). All I know from being almost 57, and a stockbrocker in a previous life, is that we are being set up for a big fall. There are trillions of dollars that are worse than paper or money or anything. It's a house of cards made from toiletpaper. It's a bunch of little pricks that can make it while they can and fuck over everyone else. I'm drunk and I am in cash. I'll just wait until the paper gets flushed. I get really profound with a few beers.

Comment

I don't disagree Fett. The trouble for the average investor is that they wait too long to get into the market then wait too long to get out. This feels an awful lot like the runup in the late 90s except it's not just tech this time. Seems obvious that the fall is coming.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'm so fucking smart I missed this run up. I just don't see why we are where we are market-wise. I'm too smart to take advantage of all the hype and it has cost me bigtime.

Comment

LOL - You and me both. I didn't see the runup coming at all particularly since there've been signs of a housing meltdown for several years now. Sure feels like smoke and mirrors territory to me these days.

Comment

Be patient and have a lot of cash. Trust me, I used to work for a small muni underwriter. I asked the guy that foisted Marineworld on the city of Vallejo(Sp). His answer was "Mirrors". I was too close to see all the bullshit. During the dot com meltdown I was looking at a guy that was intestested in my house. I got to talking with him. He said he lost I forget how many hundreds of thousands of dollars he lost. I asked him; "Do you mean the paper profits?" He said; "No. Real money" So he rode the wave up and forgot to kickout. He didn't lose his board, and he didn't wipe out. He did like most people in the ocean. He got blindsided buy a rogue wave. Or something like that.
                            Last edited by fett; 05-21-2007, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I'm still being patient from last time. I think it's about time to dump but those $1.75 Marvel comics shares are going to be tough to let go ... I hate paying the taxman.

Comment

I used to be a General Securites Principal, a Munibond Prince and an Options Prince. I had an insurance and a real estate liscence. I was a test taking wiz.:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X