Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Memorable Live Band Story You Remember....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Memorable Live Band Story You Remember....

Brewster, NY
    Fore-n-Aft, rock club.
    I was 25 years old.

Twisted Sister was playing and my girlfriend had never heard or seen them so I took her. I was in a band that played the same club frequently, but had a night off.

2nd set Dee Snider starts his "We Are God And You Suck" routine and the lightman caught me giving Snyder the finger. He jumps off the stage and pushs the crowd out of the way screaming at me (as the follow-spot blinds us.) He started pushing me and saying I'm a tough guy so I threw my G&T in his face at which point there was total silence and he was stunned. He had probably 4" boots on so he was really tall- he bent over and grabbed my shirt, pulled me over and bit me on the cheek.
    Blood everywhere. White shirt too.

The Fore-n-Aft had two owners- one which was my uncle Neil.
    I had been playing that club since I was 16 knew everyone who worked there. Anyway, Uncle Neil drove me to Danbury hospital for a goddamn tetnus shot. We made it back to the club by 2:30am and dicovered that somehow all the tires on Twisted's moving truck had been cut.:ROTF:
    There was a huge brawl in the parking lot -like 10 guys with chains and bats- State police showed up. Evidentely, a ganG from NYC 'showed up' that night to even the score with the band from a prior gig. Anyway, we pulled in from the hospital into a full-out brawl.
    To this day- I run into people who were either there at that gig or heard about it.....

ok- YOUR TURN......
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

i was at a concert and girls we getting passed around, be carried off. well i made the dumb mistake of picking up my girlfriend because she is short 4'9" at wanted to see the band. well up she goes and a guy starts to grab her, i bust his nose open and moments later the whole place was on big fight, i left with out a scratch.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have two:

VH 1984 Tour. All general admission seating. Fight broke out in the middle of the floor. A couple people got stabbed and the fight lasted for a long time. Event staff/police could not get to them. VH finally came out and kicked ass but that was the last general admission concert in an enclosed arena in Maryland.

Motley Crue approx 2001. Played outdoor show at Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, MD. It was one loudest, rudest and crudest shows I had ever seen. When I say loud, I mean glass busting loud. They had women on stage doing things that younger fans should not have seen. Anyway, I thought it was great but the city of Columbia didn't. The Crue was told never come back to Maryland again. They play VA and DC but not MD.

Ahhh good times......good times.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I've had a LOT of shit happen at shows, My own, and ones I've atteneded.

But, getting bit by Dee Snyder certainly is hard to beat...

What's "your G&T"?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post

What's "your G&T"?
          Gin & Tonic, maybe???

I attended the 1991 Guns & Roses concert at St. Louis Riverport Amptheater....A guy took a picture of Ass-hole Rose, and Ass-hole went ballistic and jumped of the stage onto the dude..... An all out Riot started when Ass-hole grabbed his mike and announced that the show was over...... Fucking place got destroyed!!!! Seat pans were being thrown like frisbies... .... People got injured....

I saw a guy walking in the parking lot who was carrying a 100W Marshall head....

A~
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I have four. Three happened at the same place so I'll make it short.

I saw U2 on their second tour in '81 at Toad's Place in New Haven. Big storm was going on outside, hardly a soul in the joint. I was watching from the side because I didn't want to be the only person standing in front of the stage like a lost puppy dog. The club didn't even bother removing the tables from the dance floor. Bono sat a table with two chicks under the sound booth, and he sang. Same club, 1991, I got a call from a friend with record contacts in New York that the Rolling Stones were going to play somewhere in Connecticut as a test prelude to their new tour. Another friend and I figured there were only two venues in the entire state where they'd possibly play. we showed up at Toad's at 7 pm, and the place was dead. We thought it was a dud rumor. On our way out, we stopped to have a beer or two (in the span of maybe 20 minutes). As we sat there, we watched somebody literally removing a pay phone from the wall. Very weird, eh? About 200 of the club owners friends showed up for his birthday party, they locked the place down. The Stones came on at 8:30, got off stage at about 9:05, and that was it. Nuts.
            Same place, David Bowie and Tin Machine showed up a couple years later. No one was in the audience. I saw Bowie play hard core punk with 12 other people.

OK, you ever hear of this band Mooney Suzuki? They showed up at the BarFly in Rochester about 3 years ago. They kept insulting everyone in the audience. Their music sucked. And they kept saying, Thank you New York. After a short set, the singer walked off the stage, threw up his arms in the air triumphantly, and just as everything was silent, I yelled, "Premature Ejaculation!" Someone else yelled "You suck." The drummer threw a drumstick, and I left as the melee ensued.

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
              Gin & Tonic, maybe???

I attended the 1991 Guns & Roses concert at St. Louis Riverport Amptheater....A guy took a picture of Ass-hole Rose, and Ass-hole went ballistic and jumped of the stage onto the dude..... An all out Riot started when Ass-hole grabbed his mike and announced that the show was over...... Fucking place got destroyed!!!! Seat pans were being thrown like frisbies... .... People got injured....

I saw a guy walking in the parking lot who was carrying a 100W Marshall head....

A~
              Typical Axle. Throw a temper tantrum and decide not to play, basicly telling tens of thousands of people that he just ripped them off of thier ticket money.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                I have four. Three happened at the same place so I'll make it short.

I saw U2 on their second tour in '81 at Toad's Place in New Haven. Big storm was going on outside, hardly a soul in the joint. I was watching from the side because I didn't want to be the only person standing in front of the stage like a lost puppy dog. The club didn't even bother removing the tables from the dance floor. Bono sat a table with two chicks under the sound booth, and he sang. Same club, 1991, I got a call from a friend with record contacts in New York that the Rolling Stones were going to play somewhere in Connecticut as a test prelude to their new tour. Another friend and I figured there were only two venues in the entire state where they'd possibly play. we showed up at Toad's at 7 pm, and the place was dead. We thought it was a dud rumor. On our way out, we stopped to have a beer or two (in the span of maybe 20 minutes). As we sat there, we watched somebody literally removing a pay phone from the wall. Very weird, eh? About 200 of the club owners friends showed up for his birthday party, they locked the place down. The Stones came on at 8:30, got off stage at about 9:05, and that was it. Nuts.
                Same place, David Bowie and Tin Machine showed up a couple years later. No one was in the audience. I saw Bowie play hard core punk with 12 other people.

OK, you ever hear of this band Mooney Suzuki? They showed up at the BarFly in Rochester about 3 years ago. They kept insulting everyone in the audience. Their music sucked. And they kept saying, Thank you New York. After a short set, the singer walked off the stage, threw up his arms in the air triumphantly, and just as everything was silent, I yelled, "Premature Ejaculation!" Someone else yelled "You suck." The drummer threw a drumstick, and I left as the melee ensued.
                I was in New Haven when WPLR was broadcasting from outside Toad's that the Stones were playing inside. I shot right over-couldn't get in, but watched Ronnie get into a white limo after the show out front. There was a TV crew there along with a few hundred people outside the club. Awesome.
                Strat God Music
                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

http://www.shawnlutz.com/Diarytour.htm
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Royal Albert Arms. One of the dirtiest, smelliest old bars in one of the worst areas of town. I love that place. The club is on the main floor of a 100 year old building. They always have bands there, mostly punk and metal.

We got a gig as 2nd of 3 bands. I had finished playing our set and was watching the headlining band right up by the pit (local death metal legends Immortal Possession were playing) and one of our friends is all drunk and headbanging and bumping into people, trying to get a pit started. He bumps into me a few times and I just kinda bumped him back. I wanted to finish my beer before I went in the pit. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I see him swinging his beer bottle right at my fucking head! I got my hand up with my beer in it just before it hit my face and both bottles smashed in my hand. I looked at them and saw tons of blood start pouring out of the palm of my picking hand, so I grabbed him by the collar and proceeded to knee him in the face repeatedly. He tried to wrestle out of it but I was so fucking mad I pushed him to the floor and began kicking him with my combat boots until the crowd just separated us. My band mates wre like "What the fuck just happened?" and I told them and then I really looked at my hand - it was bad. big pieces of glass sticking out of it and then the pain started to set in. Our "friend" disappeared and we drove back to our practice space where I did a bit of home surgery to remove the glass. It probably needed stitches but I just cleaned it up really good.

Our "friend" lived at the practice space (drummers house) and he shows up later and as he comes walking up the steps my brother runs out and proceeds to give him a nasty beat down. He was all crying and apologizing and saying shit like "I don't know what I was doing" and stuff. Loser. He moved out about a week later.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

A guy took a picture of Ass-hole Rose, and Ass-hole went ballistic and jumped of the stage onto the dude..... An all out Riot started when Ass-hole grabbed his mike and announced that the show was over...... Fucking place got destroyed!!!! Seat pans were being thrown like frisbies... .... People got injured....
                      Sad that people got fucked up over that candy ass's temper tantrum. He should be held responsible for his bullshit.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                      X