Daughtry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughtry...

this is the kid from american idol, that was elimanted fairly early on, then was offered the gig for "fuel" as the frontman. I must say his cd is definately worth checking out... sounds like straight ahead hard rock.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
    this is the kid from american idol, that was elimanted fairly early on, then was offered the gig for "fuel" as the frontman. I must say his cd is definately worth checking out... sounds like straight ahead hard rock.
    Uh, he wasn't eliminated fairly early on. He came in 4th place.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Uh, he wasn't eliminated fairly early on. He came in 4th place.
      sorry, didn't watch it enough to know what round he got the boot, i guess he made it further than i thought
      anyway his new cd is worth checking out.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I bought the CD for my wife and it is pretty good. I've listened to it a few times now.

Comment

A girl I know is enthralled by this guy. I've listened to it and though well done and pleasant, it sounds a lot (enough where I have to look to see which band it is) like about 5 other popular bands that she likes too.

I hear he is a super nice guy tho and is very cool to and appreciative of his fans...

Comment

He's pretty good, reminds me a lot of Fuel (go figure ). The song with Slash on guitar (What I Want) kicks ass.

Comment

Yeah, kinda funny that he doesn't join Fuel but his hit song songs just like Fuel. Even the intro guitar parts sounds alot like Hemmorage. My wife has the CD and I kinda like it, but just seems to me that all the songs sound the same and most songs are kinda slow for my taste.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

He loves Fuel, but he couldn't join them due to his contract and touring he was locked into with the American Idol deal.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  He loves Fuel, but he couldn't join them due to his contract and touring he was locked into with the American Idol deal.
                  Plus, who wants to be known as the Ripper Owens of Fuel? He must have seen the movie Rockstar....
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

IIRC a technical problem with the phones caused a number of his votes to go to the wrong contestant, which sucks because he really should have won.

Either way, he's doing a lot better than the guy that actually did win, but its still a raw deal.
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Let me guess, his votes went to Taylor Hicks, soul patrol!
                      I'm glad he didn't win because his CD would have been a lot different!

Comment

He has the fastest selling album of any idol contestant. its double platinuim after 3 months.
                        I'm glad he didn't win because his CD would have been a lot different
                        No shit look at Bo bice. He was a real rocker on the show and his album sucked.

Comment

This season looks like it may prove what happened last season: American idol is stupid because the people vote and the people dont know anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X