any iPod experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any iPod experts?

I have 4 gig iPod mini, and am close to my max storage of songs on it.

since my last connection to iTunes to synch up my iPod with what's on my iTunes, my iPod skips several songs, including some I bought off iTunes.

it will show the song, for like a second, and then just skip to the next one. it is doing this with only certain bands (for example, all of my Police tunes I got off iTunes now it does this - also the whole Dream Theater Train of Thought cd I got from another source and loaded in a while back.

these used to play fine, but now they are being skipped over.

any ideas? (thanks in advance...)
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

i had the same problem with one nine inch nails song from a cd, just in the middle of the song it skips over it....
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Have you tried rebooting the ipod? I've read that rebooting it will solve most of Ipod's problems. i have a 20GB Ipod with about 2500 songs and none skipped so far. Also try to update the Ipod to the latest firmware if its not updated yet. That could solve any firmware issues. how old is it?
      Sam

Comment

it's a late 2005 model, right before the nano's came out. it's pretty much been hassle free up to now. I'll reboot the thing and see if that helps.

thanks guys.

Comment

the reboot seems to have solved the skipping problem.
          thanks emperor, I feel foolish not to have thought of this myself. ha.

Comment

Do they play properly on your pc? I have some that pc iTunes and my ipod skip on but others players do not. I've chalked it up to something apple does not like.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              the reboot seems to have solved the skipping problem.
              thanks emperor, I feel foolish not to have thought of this myself. ha.
              you are welcome ! Glad I could help!
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Have you tried rebooting the ipod? I've read that rebooting it will solve most of Ipod's problems. i have a 20GB Ipod with about 2500 songs and none skipped so far. Also try to update the Ipod to the latest firmware if its not updated yet. That could solve any firmware issues. how old is it?
                I'd avoid updating the firmware. From what I hear, they release it often without fully testing it. I updated it for the first time on my old iPod after a year of having it, and it shit the bed afterwards. All of course a month after the warranty was up.
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Actually, I dont either. not because I am afraid they might screw it up (but after reading what happed to you, I guess I will never update) but because I use an application called ephpod which lets you download songs back from the Ipod onto your comp. I am afraid if I update, they will somehow find a way to block ephpod from working.
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
                    Do they play properly on your pc? I have some that pc iTunes and my ipod skip on but others players do not. I've chalked it up to something apple does not like.
                    yes they did. but now that I re-booted the iPod, however, it is working correctly and playing all the songs it had decided to skip over in the last few weeks.

Comment

yeah the last upgrade of iTunes I downloaded about 4 months ago was a total goatfuck. it's super slow to load, all other functions lock up when it's changing from song to song, and it grabbed a lot more of my hd space.

I like the iPod, but the iTunes software can be a pain in the ass these days. so no more updates for me, until I hear others have had no probles.

Comment

Toshiba "Gigabeat"

Plays MP3s, WMA's etc..... and no iTunes just drag and drop. It comes with an iTunes type of program you can use but you don't have to.

You won't get full functionality but as a music player and picture viewer (It has a color screen) it's just fine.

and there are free ware os's for it that let it do video

I got a Refurbished unit with a 40 gig drive for $125.00 and I love it

It also comes with a firmware disc

Comment

Working...
                        X