Heaven And Hell pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven And Hell pics

The show was killer. I missed Down and half of Megadeth because my daughter's figure skating show was the same night. She did real good though.

What I did see of Megadeth was good. Symphony of Destruction, Hangar 18, Holy Wars, Peace Sells, Mechanix. They have LOTS of fans in Winnipeg and should come back more often. Last time they were here was in 1991 opening for Priest on the Painkiller tour (great show too!).

H&H were amazing. Dio can still sing like hell. Seeing this line up has been a dream come true in a way. Mob Rules is one of my top albums ever and was a huge influence on me as a kid. Setlist:

01. E5150
    02. After All (The Dead)
    03. The Mob Rules
    04. Children of The Sea
    05. Lady Evil
    06. Ear In The Wall
    07. I
    08. The Sign of The Southern Cross
    09. Voodoo
    10. The Devil Cried
    11. Vinny Appice Solo
    12. Computer God
    13. Shadow of The Wind
    14. Die Young
    15. Heaven and Hell (long and exteneded version - mind blowing!)
    16. Neon Knights

No Falling Off The Edge Of The World though.

The arena's website says there were 7500 people there, but it looked like more to me. They posted some great pics too. Check them out

http://www.mtscentre.ca/press_releas...p?press_id=224
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Man, that SG has been played!

Comment

Great pics.

RJD doesn't look to bad, I figured he's look like the crypt keeper by now.

Comment

Oh man, I really wish I had gotten tickets for the T.O. show.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I just rememebred Megadeth has been here twice since 91. Guess that's not so bad for this town.

Zeegler - Is the Toronto show sold out?
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

Man, I really enjoyed the Dio years of BS. I played the groves off Mob Rules. (...Yeah yeah, I'm dating myself with that statement. )

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                I just rememebred Megadeth has been here twice since 91. Guess that's not so bad for this town.

Zeegler - Is the Toronto show sold out?
                I don't know actually. I never thought to check.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I got my tickets for the April show in San Jose , Ca
                  Can't wait!

Comment

Heh... Dio looks pretty old too me, but I guess at around 67 he should. He has lost about the upper 1/4 of his range at the very least, but has taken good care of his pipes to be able to get out there. Last I saw him he was not able to sing Rainbow in the Dark at all, and has changed a lot of melody lines, in addition to downtuning on the part of the band, but he still gives a pretty good effort. I was listening to Long Live Rock n Roll and Rainbow Rising the other day... those were the days. I think Heaven and Hell was his best vocal performance ever though, as an album, with Holy Diver second.
                    There are videos of the edmonton show posted on youtube, the band was sounding really good. Can't wait.
                    That is a great crowd turnoutfor the winnipeg show. Looks packed.

Comment

Cool. Vinny Appice is actually looking pretty old!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw this show in Edmonton and Calgary. IT WAS AWESOME!

Comment

i b seeing the minneapolis mn show in may. anyone know how long the opening band played? i dont care to see them, just megadeth and sabbath.

Comment

Wow, RJD don't look too bad!

Anybody know the reason Bill Ward wasn't able to participate? Ticker problems? Apparently he lives about 6 miles down the road from me.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There's probably a few reasons why, but Vinny kinda hinted in an interview that Bill might not be up to learning the Mob Rules and Dehumanizer stuff. Since Vinny knew it AND the H&H album, he was the natural second choice. I think I also read somewhere that Bill is working on another solo album.
                              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                              X