Comcast Got me....!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast Got me....!??!

Ok, so I open up this email, and get this: Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized
    agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made
    on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright
    owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your
    Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works
    identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast
    reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner
    that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of
    Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination
    of your Service account.

Mmmmm hmmmm, yeah.... So, I'm kinda pissed off..... Any thoughts? I wonder if they'll cancel my broadband!

Are ya guilty?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It's possible.....

Comment

tried peer guardian?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
          Are ya guilty?
          Originally posted by Burn View Post
          It's possible.....
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

well if you're guilty why are you pissed off?
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Just tell them that you have an unsecured wireless access point and that it must have been some neighbor Jacking your service. Tell them that you've since fixed the problem and that it will not happen again. Then dont do it anymore or use an IP cloaking software or something. I thought only verizon dsl did this. I didnt know the cable companies were doing it too. Interesting.

Comment

Just deny everything. They don't want to disconnect you -- they want your money. They are just trying to appease the recording industry.

Comment

We got the same thing from our provider. My wife was downloading an episode of Crossing Jordan, and NBC contacted them about it. It was essentially just a warning, and I told her not to download any more NBC stuff.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'm pissed that they even send me garbage like that.

Comment

They probably won't cancel your broadband, yet. This is a warning.. but they will comply in turning your name and IP as well as any relevant information over to those who can name you in a lawsuit if they so choose to reclaim lost $$ from pirating.

I would consider switching services if it was fairly excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                        I'm pissed that they even send me garbage like that.

Yea and the people your stealing from are pissed too. Piracy costs them millions everyday. If someone was stealing millions from you youd be just as pissed.

Comment

Fuck "The Man".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                            Fuck "The Man".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                              Fuck "The Man".
                              Right on. I was going to make a comment like that, but I figured the admins wouldn't like it. I guess I should've known!

Comment

Working...
                              X