Question concerning shipping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question concerning shipping...

In the process of boxing up a guitar for shipment. My question is, will UPS want to see the guitar and how it is packed? Beacause once I get this thing in the box, it's probably gonna have to be cut out of it! It's a WR1 that I'm shipping, so the biggest box I've been able to find is the box those size cases are shipped from Jackson in. So I'm gonna bubble wrap the guitar case before stuffing it in the box and it's gonna be tight. I just want to avoid a huge hassle/ scene at UPS tomorrow! Thanks for any advice...
    Paul
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Use the USPS. They will take anything. If you go to a UPS store you will get fukked. I always have used the USPS and I have never had an issue about the packaging. Size does matter but they are cool and I have been shipping with them since 1999.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I don't recommend using UPS. I also recommend double boxing. If it's going overseas DHL for example will want to open the package. I repeat do not use UPS, you will be sorry.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The ultimate responsibility is with the person that packs the item. Some shippers will dictate the you have a 4 inch packing buffer everywhere. That's just a racket to make you pay more for a bigger box. As I said, I have never had an issue with the USPS. And that is on both sides of shipping.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
        X