Questions for Denver People.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Denver People.

I have been thinking about packing up my bags and settling somewhere else out in the US. I have just been working so hard in Silicon Valley and want to establish a much more fruitful life somewhere else. I have friends that live in the Denver area that want me to move out there but, I want a unbiased opinion of the area and its surrounding suburbs.

The good thing is that I currently own a home in the Valley and I would have no problem selling. So, here are the questions.

What are the nice areas around there?
    How is the nightlife?
    How is the music scene?
    Liberal Community?
    How are the Guitar Shops?
    What could 300-400K get you there?
    What kind of outdoor stuff is out there?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Well it does get cold, and it does get snow! Guitar shops are abundant! Most of Co. is outdoors! Lol! Though I only visit there, I'm in NM.
    I love admins!

Comment

I love Denver! Mostly because when I stay there I stay with Cephalic Carnage and we party like rock stars! Great town!

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
        I have been thinking about packing up my bags and settling somewhere else out in the US. I have just been working so hard in Silicon Valley and want to establish a much more fruitful life somewhere else. I have friends that live in the Denver area that want me to move out there but, I want a unbiased opinion of the area and its surrounding suburbs.

The good thing is that I currently own a home in the Valley and I would have no problem selling. So, here are the questions.

What are the nice areas around there?
        How is the nightlife?
        How is the music scene?
        Liberal Community?
        How are the Guitar Shops?
        What could 300-400K get you there?
        What kind of outdoor stuff is out there?

-Nate
        Being a native, I will give you my 2 cents
        1. I live in Westminister/Broomfiled Area(Suburbs). Very nice ,close to Boulder and downtown Denver. I would avoid living in Aurora, Denver itself sucks, too much crime.
        2. Nightlife in Lodo, larimer in great. All kinds of bars, restraunts, Pepsi Center, Coors Field, Invesco. Great in the summertime
        3. Boulder is more liberal than the surrounding areas
        4. Drum City Guitar land is my favorite.
        5. 300-400k is gonna get you a great Home. I think the average price is arround 220-240k. Northern Colorado is pretty reasonable ( about 40 miles from Denver) and you would get a real great deal.
        6. Outdoors is great, especially the mountains. Rocky Mountain Natl park( Estes Park is my fav)
        Great Skiing, Hiking, World Class Fly Fishing, Mountain Biking at the ski resorts in the summer, Horseback riding, Sand Dunes, Camping. All this is about 1 hr from the Denver Metro area(except the dunes, about 3hrs)

Hope this helps and PM me if you find a certain area your interested in, I will find out more for you.

Comment

He died in a plane crash years ago.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

i friend of my moved there and he gave props the the boulder area. something about the collage girls tend to flash their tits in the bars quite a bit. i hope that would not change your mind about going there.....
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Denver and Colorado suck, I hated every minute I was there and jumped at the chance to leave.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

So, I am up here. It seems like a really nice place. I checked out Highlands Ranch, Littleton area, Redrocks theater. I wish I had more time to check out the surrounding areas. I will say one thing though, nice people, nice parks outside the main city. Going into the city tonight.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I love Denver area..reminds me of home (Calgary). If mountains are your thing...Oh yeah Drum City Guitarland is there too...

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                    So, I am up here. It seems like a really nice place. I checked out Highlands Ranch, Littleton area, Redrocks theater. I wish I had more time to check out the surrounding areas. I will say one thing though, nice people, nice parks outside the main city. Going into the city tonight.

-Nate
                    Highlands Ranch was the number 1 'sprawl' area in the US a few years ago. Way to yuppie for me. Parker is really nice and puts you closer to Castle Rock and Colorado Springs, but it puts you further from Boulder.

When I was looking for a place to move to in Colorado a few years back I had settled on Colorado Springs. It had more bang for the buck in the housing market and had far less of the suburban sprawl.

Comment

I moved to Denver from Pittsburgh about 2 1/2 years ago and I think its a pretty cool place. I live in Highlands Ranch to be specific...it is a little "yuppy-ish" but I'll take that and its excellent schools over the higher crime areas. If you are looking for liberal, go to Boulder.
                      Winters have been mild up until this year. Typically the weather is great...over 300 days of sunshine per year. Real estate is expensive on a national average, but much less than where you are coming from so its all relative. $300K got me about 2500 sf, 5 bedrooms and a finished basement on a postage stamp sized lot...great home, small yard.
                      I have found several cool rock clubs in the area (Eck's Saloon, Hubba's Pub, etc) and there is plenty of night life downtown (although I rarely go there).
                      PM me if you want to talk any further...I'll be glad to help out.

Comment

Stay out of the sun. You are a mile high and that is not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Ummm, well Fett... Living in a trailer isn't necessarily a good thing either... I spose that's more in the tornado prone areas but still.... hehehe...

Comment

Oh, stop. There is nothing wrong with my trailer. It's just me and a lot of guitars. Just because I live below a small lake there is nothing to worry about unless there is the "Earthquake from Hell" that may hit.

Comment

A lake???? Above you?? Well, at least you have a lot of paddles... I mean umm... guitars...

Now we have a mudslide threat as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X