No announcement yet.

Fuck Halliburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this seems like one of those stories that wouldn't be shown on nightly news cause people would freak out and the government doesn't want u to hear about it
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Halliburton does business with Iran, a terrorist state:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6982444/site/newsweek/

through a thinly veiled subsidiary in the Caribbean:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2005Feb2.html

Cheney refused to sell his Halliburton stock when appointed VP. Also resisted placing it into a blind trust and continues to receive compensation from Halliburton.

As for the CEO (who incorrectly stated that Halliburton does no business in Iran), residing in Dubai is convenient as Dubai has no extradition treaty with the U.S.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

They make some damn nice briefcases tho.
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
          “This is an insult to the U.S. soldiers and taxpayers who paid the tab for their no-bid contracts and endured their overcharges for all these years,” said judiciary committee chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy, a Vermont Democrat.

Not so. There was a 6% profit margin (published and available) on all war-related contracts. The deal was that if they took a hit on their margins, the government would agree to award them with a no-bid contract on all related projects.

Haliburton actually saved the US government millions of dollars in contract bids by accepting the deal....but you won't see THAT on CNN.
          :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

That 6% doesn't include the "award fees". Or the payments in Iraqi oil money. Or $45 for a case of soda.

It's actually 1-7% on a cost-plus basis. The trick is working the cost to your advantage. If you make purchases in small enough individual amounts, there is no need to solicit bids. This means Halliburton and its subsidiaries can and do maniupulate the shit out of this system.

Then there's those kickass contracts awarded to Halliburton to do studies to see if things are better off in contractor hands or not. Gee, I wonder what the conclusion of the study was?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

well Tim, maybe you should be thanking all the rabid left-wing liberals who pushed Halliburton to move their HQ out of the US with the following genius moves:

- championing the "global economy," despite the damage that cheap foreign labor and import/export imbalances do to our nation and economy. well, Halliburton just went even more global than they already were.
            - demonizing the company endlessly for all real and imagined improprieties.
            - effectively stopping the drilling of all oil ventures in the continental US and Alaska (Halliburton is an oil services company, which means they don't actually do the drilling but they support the companies that do, and there is virtually no oil drilling to support in the US, most of that is being done in the middle east).

I personally don't care much about the development either way, but let's be clear about why they did this.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Good, we can free up some real estate in Houston. In 1993 I was laid off from one of their subsidaries after only 21 months of employment. The company called by many, Boot & Scoot (Brown and Root), now known as KBR. Good riddins! Get 'em!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
              X