Harley guys --- question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley guys --- question.

At the moment I have a Suzuki Intruder. I will be selling it at the end of this season, and looking for something bigger. The Intruder is a fantastic bike, but I really need something that suits my size. I've been looking at the different models, and I'm pretty sure I want a Softail (is that one word?) but what model? My singer has a Night Train, and It's a gorgeous bike, but there's something about it that I don't like so much. I can't put my finger on it. I really like the look of the Deuce, and I think that's what I'm gonna go for. Does anyone know what the difference is between the Duece and the Night Train is? Is it just the tank, or does it have a different frame too?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Same frame .. different accent parts.. Stretched tanks, different rear fender, different seat, different handlebars..

All softails have the same frame..they are called softails because they are designed to look like a hard tail but the shock is hidden under the bike...if you look at the dyna's you'll note a rear set of shecks on the back sides of the bike ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'm looking too since the ZRX1200R is tough on my 36 inseam. My bud has a new softtail but he told me the Road King would fit my legs better. I sat on both and the RK was a better fit indeed!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        Same frame .. different accent parts.. Stretched tanks, different rear fender, different seat, different handlebars..

All softails have the same frame..they are called softails because they are designed to look like a hard tail but the shock is hidden under the bike...if you look at the dyna's you'll note a rear set of shecks on the back sides of the bike ...
        Exactly right...

Comment

Buy a Victory instead. More american parts and less maintenance.

Comment

Comment

Not sure how big you are, but...take a look at the Fat Boy. My fav HD. I'm hoping to get one within the next few years...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post

Oh, yeah, I know the Dynas and Lowriders have the shocks on the side, and the softails have the concealed shock. I just thought maybe the frame was stretched on the deuce. I see they also have different fender struts. Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on the Deuce. I like the Street Bob too, but I don't like the handlebars on it. I'm going to have to do some test riding in a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco View Post
                  Not sure how big you are, but...take a look at the Fat Boy. My fav HD. I'm hoping to get one within the next few years...hopefully.
                  6'-2" and 235lbs

I don't really like the look of the Fatboys too much. A bit too heavy looking.

Comment

Working...
                  X