No announcement yet.

New Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing sounds like a new set of boomers but like charvelguy said, they go dead pretty quick. I usually use Super Slinky's

Comment

For my Kahler guitars I can't use EB's since they tend to break or become unwound at the ball end very easily. I've tried SITs recently and really liked them, especially since they have models with reinforced ball ends for Kahler trems. Dean Markley's work pretty well too but not as well as the SITs.

Where do you get your SIT strings Cleve? They are a bit hard to find it seems.

Comment

I use Dean Markley Blue Steel 9-42

Comment

Webstrings !!!!

I used the d'Addarios for years and these are every bit as goods and cheap as hell.

Comment

I am also a DR guy
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
              I like using d'addario strings EXL125 XL 9-46 Super Light Top/Reg but may move up to 10-52's for a while. They last me a long time and have pretty good tone. These are like 6.00 and they last and sound great.

-Nate

Same here, EXL 125's for drop D tuning, 10-52 for drop C. I buy three packs from MF for $10.00.
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

I used to be a big boomers fan, but they lost their life too quickly. I tried abunch of other strings, and ended up falling in love with D'Addario's XLS540's (10-52). They're extremely bright though... just to keep in mind.

Comment

I rarely use anything else than Blue Steel 9's.. perfect all-around strings in my opinion.. and lasts for ages.

Comment

I wanna try some of those nifty-looking DR colored strings.

I use EB or D'addario. I've been using EBs for quite a while and just put on a set of D'addario... I think I liked the EBs a little better. But I did go from EB 11s to D' 10s, so it may just be that.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

New Strings

> I've had good results with several different brands. Ernie Ball,Dean Markley (the regular nickel,the stainless,and the Blue Steel),GHS Boomers,SIT,some Peavey set,Sfarzo's,which used to come with 2 extra high E's,and Carvin's. Like someone else mentioned,those are Boomers in Carvin wrappers. I use 9-46,but have bought the EB 11-48 Power Slinkies a couple times,just had to change the trem spring tension and tweak the truss rod. I just saw Boomers in the 9-42 set at friggin' Wal-Mart tonight for 2.99 a set on sale. Ones I think suck are Fender,Gibson,and D'Addario. I'd rather go back and use those old Heavy Metal or Snarling Dogs strings before D'Addario. I've been wanting to try the Elixir stuff,but have never seen them in the 9-46 "custom light" set. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

D'Addario's. I get them at Guitar center... 10 pack for $20.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm a Boomer guy but they last a long time with me. My problem is I like custom lites, and it's a pain finding these on sale. I'm still pissed that I missed out when Carvin was have the ebay sales on Boomers (Carvins are re-badged Boomers according to members here).

I like Gibsons as well, so it makes sense to me that they are GHS Boomers as well.

Comment

i've always used D'addario XLs and DR high beams.....gibsons feel good too but i've never used em on a tremolo guitar
                            ----------
                            Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Working...
                            X