No announcement yet.

RIP Brad Delp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, thanks. My Boston "period" was long before I got into Jacksons, so I never noticed what they played, apart from Tom playing that nice gold top.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Ya know, this really bothers me... no, it pisses me off.

I dont know what could have been so bad for him to do this... but what pisses me off is how selfish what he did was. His poor fiance, family, friends, millions of fans... He took the cowards way out and hurt EVERYONE around him.

Sure, he is at peace now... at the expense of everyone who loved him.
      Originally posted by fett View Post
      That's my point. When I was in 6th grade a friend of mine's father blew his brains out with a shotgun in his home. I'm sure it scared him for life. I had another friend that had his father die by crashing his car into cement. It was a suicide. If you are going to kill yourself, take it outside. Leave someone else to find you. Delp was selfish in the end to the max. I admire Boston, but Delp was no class act at the end.
      I've got to take exception with these comments of yours guys. It's obvious you have no concept of what true depression is, and comments like these don't do anything to help people that suffer from the disease to overcome the stigma associated with mental illness.

People who are clinically depressed and take there own lives are not "selfish" or "cowards". They are not looking to hurt their families or bring attention to themselves. You're projecting the normal thought processes of your own (alledgedly) healthy minds onto those who are not in a normal state of awareness. Fett, what should Brad have done? "Take it outside" and make a big public spectical of it? Maybe have it captured by a passerby with a camcorder and posted all over YouTube? Surely that would have hurt his family much more. Or maybe he could have grabbed a gun and taken a few other people with him, instead of doing what he did: peacefully ending his misery in the privacy of his own home with no one else around. Sorry, Nancy Grace.

Maybe it was "everyone around him" who let Brad down. The suicide of a loved one is often described as a "suprise" by those left behind, but almost always there are signs that were either ignored or not taken seriously. After a life of giving and doing for others, he was failed when he was in need.

You guys are lucky that you don't know what it's like. I hope you never do. But your comments about Brad Delp, a person you did not know and who has never had a bad word spoken about him by anyone who did, shows just who the selfish, classless ones really are...

Comment

I was a little harsh and insensitive and I apologize. What drives a person to the final act is something very hard to grasp. What I posted was a gut reaction and, with reflection, I realize that there were a few comments that I made that were uncalled for. All I know is that if I ever came to that point, I would make it as personal as possible and save the ones I love from the "discovery".
        Last edited by fett; 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71 View Post
          I've got to take exception with these comments of yours guys. It's obvious you have no concept of what true depression is, and comments like these don't do anything to help people that suffer from the disease to overcome the stigma associated with mental illness.

People who are clinically depressed and take there own lives are not "selfish" or "cowards". They are not looking to hurt their families or bring attention to themselves. You're projecting the normal thought processes of your own (alledgedly) healthy minds onto those who are not in a normal state of awareness. Fett, what should Brad have done? "Take it outside" and make a big public spectical of it? Maybe have it captured by a passerby with a camcorder and posted all over YouTube? Surely that would have hurt his family much more. Or maybe he could have grabbed a gun and taken a few other people with him, instead of doing what he did: peacefully ending his misery in the privacy of his own home with no one else around. Sorry, Nancy Grace.

Maybe it was "everyone around him" who let Brad down. The suicide of a loved one is often described as a "suprise" by those left behind, but almost always there are signs that were either ignored or not taken seriously. After a life of giving and doing for others, he was failed when he was in need.

You guys are lucky that you don't know what it's like. I hope you never do. But your comments about Brad Delp, a person you did not know and who has never had a bad word spoken about him by anyone who did, shows just who the selfish, classless ones really are...

Right on the spot. Could not agree with you more.
          No one knows unless you have waled that path...
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I was a little harsh and insensitive and I apologize. What drives a person to the final act is something very hard to grasp. What I posted was a gut reaction and, with reflection, I realize that there were a few comments that I made that were uncalled for. All I know is that if I ever came to that point, I would make it as personal as possible and save the ones I love from the "discovery".
            It takes a man Fett. For that I commend you.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71 View Post
              + infinity.

Comment

No hard feelings, Fett. I was letting off a little steam as well. As you probably already figured out, I have personal experience with the matter.

I too would not want my loved ones to discover me either. But I'm not sure what viable alternative one has. Do it in public and make a scene? Go off alone somewhere and kill yourself and hope someone finds you in a timely manner (or at all) so that your family doesn't needlessly worry? I think Brad handled it well, all things considered. No hanging or blowing his brains out, which would be a great shock to anyone finding him. Basically, he arranged it so that a loved one would find him with his head resting peacefully on a pillow, looking as if he went to sleep and never awoke. Which is basically what happened.

Just the image of poor Brad curling up on the floor and putting his head down on that pillow for the last time makes me very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  I am so disgusted with people. My in-laws just got done staying with my wife and I for 1 year, yes, 1 FULL YEAR while they were building their 900k, 5400 square foot house.

While they were here we were privy to such classic quotes as:

- The house is just not that big, I don't understand why people think it's so big, there isn't that much space in it. (keep in mind there's just the 2 of them)

- We're making so much money on interest each month because we're staying with you guys. (They had their 900k in a money market making around 5% for the year they were with us).

Meanwhile, my wife at 36 has a high blood pressure problem, I can't find work for the last 3 years because I don't have the right fucking "buzzwords" on my resume (or so i'm told. Fuck me for working/owning a small business all my life). I've lost almost all my guitar collection (but what does that matter since I don't care to pick one up anyway anymore). We want kids but can't afford them and are on the verge of losing our house.

Do you think they gave us a fuckin' dime as thanks when they left last month? Maybe said, here's 3k, go on a vacation and unwind after having us in your hair for a year, or can we pay a few months mortgage for you (since we made so much money in interest staying with you)?

Nope.

Arrrgggghhhh
                  HEHEHE...They have a Life Insurance Policy???? JUST KIDDING!!!!!! Man...Your a Saint!. My Mother-In-Law lasted a couple week's in our home, until she chain smoked her way into a collapsed lung. And into the Hospital for a month. When she found out I was looking into assisted living for her(because she refused to quit smoking-even after this episode) she took off to her other Daughter's house up North.

Comment

Crap! He killed himself? What a waste. He gave so much....he had so much more to give and to love?

Comment

• Well the mud slinging has begun. I read an article on blabbermouth saying that his girlfriend is blaming Boston for his suicide...

That didn't take long...

Launch Radio Networks reports: The ex-wife of late BOSTON singer Brad Delp blames long-standing issues within the band for Delp's suicide. Micki Delp told The Boston Herald that Brad has always been stuck in the middle of fights between bandleader Tom Scholz and former members of the group, and that the past 30 years'worth of tensions finally got the better of him.

Brad had stayed friendly with former BOSTON members Sib Hashian, Fran Sheehan, and Barry Goudreau, whose wife is Micki's sister, and Micki said, "No one can possibly understand the pressures he was under. Brad lived his life to please everyone else. He would go out of his way and hurt himself before he would hurt somebody else, and he was in such a predicament professionally that no matter what he did, a friend of his would be hurt. Rather than hurt anyone else, he would hurt himself. That's just the kind of guy he was."

Micki said the last straw was the recent firing of fellow BOSTON singer Fran Cosmo and his son, guitarist Anthony Cosmo. But Scholz denied the claims. He said, "The decision to rehearse without the Cosmos was a group decision. Brad never expressed unhappiness with that decision... and took an active part in arranging the vocals for five people, not seven." Scholz also said that while Anthony Cosmo was out of the band, no final decision had been made about Fran Cosmo.

The Herald also quoted one "insider" as saying, "Tom made him do the BOSTON stuff and the other guys were mad that they weren't a part of it. He was always under a lot of pressure."

Another source revealed that Scholz wasn't invited to Delp's funeral last week and added, "What does that tell you? Brad and Tom were 'the best of friends,' and he's been told nothing about anything." Delp's family held a private funeral for the singer, whose body has been cremated.
                      Last edited by Bengal; 03-20-2007, 09:57 AM.
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Miki was his ex wife and mother of his children ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                        X