Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposition: Edit rights for the classifieds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposition: Edit rights for the classifieds.

Since the edit function was once again revoked, it has become a pain to keep your classified ad threads tidy. Could we have it back for that subsection only? Please? It would rock.

Well, yesterday I could not edit my posts, but today I can. Have you checked? it seems to be working.
    Sam

Comment

You have ten minutes to edit your post.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yup, we have a small window in which to edit our posts...for correctling spelling or a last minute "backing the hell off" after a adrenal surge or something.

But for the classifieds, it would be very handy to actually be able to alter your initial post much much later. You may want to edit out items that sold, or change the price or whatever - so the prospective buyer doesn't have to scroll through lots of material to get fresh info.

You can make a new thread with the updated info of course, but it would just clutter the classifieds up with redundant threads, since you can't delete your posts anymore.

Comment

I wasn't sure, but I thought that was what you meant. That is a good idea. But can they fine tune it?
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah, this site only runs vbullitin... it's easy as HELL to mod, and I'm almost 100% sure it give independent access settings per forum. (I used to run 2-3 sites that ran this piece of shit forum software... too much money for what it is if you ask me)

Comment

You can always reply to your own posting with new info?
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                You can always reply to your own posting with new info?
                Then there would be nothing to complain about :ROTF:
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                  Then there would be nothing to complain about :ROTF:
                  Kevin please - do you really think I was complaining?
                  It was just a humble suggestion/request for you guys to take into consideration.
                  Not once did I have in mind to "complain". I feel disappointed that it was interpreted as having a negative tone.

Comment

:ROTF: <------ Generally means light hearted ribbing, Joking around, teasing etc
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

You can't delete a post, can you?
                      Last edited by shadowcat; 03-09-2007, 06:22 AM. Reason: *edited for testing purposes...*
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        Kevin please - do you really think I was complaining?
                        It was just a humble suggestion/request for you guys to take into consideration.
                        Not once did I have in mind to "complain". I feel disappointed that it was interpreted as having a negative tone.

I think the point is, you can reply to your own classified ad with new info, which defeats the purpose of having to edit the original post.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                          I think the point is, you can reply to your own classified ad with new info, which defeats the purpose of having to edit the original post.
                          *sigh* Yes. And the point I was making: Being able to alter the original post would make browsing the classifieds more convenient, and minimize the risk for miscommunication.

Geez, I'll just shut up.

Comment

Working...
                          X