MLB Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Season Predictions

Seeing all the spring training games is getting me pumped for the new season, so I figured I'd start a predictions thread. Here are mine....

AL East - Red Sox
    AL Central - Indians
    AL West - A's
    Wild Card - Yankees

NL East - Mets
    NL Central - Cardinals
    NL West - Padres
    Wild Card - Giants

Yankees vs. Padres WS - Yanks in 6

I want to think the Yankees will win the division, but I only see it if they get Clemens or bring up Hughes early. If not, I just think they'll have some injury issues that will keep them a couple of games behind the Red Sox. Should have another classic ALCS series between the Yanks and Red Sox.

The Yankees will suck.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1 View Post
      The Yankees will suck.

C'mon Solo, at least he gave the Red Sox the division, and we all know THATS NOT gonna happen.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I think the Phillies will at least win their division. There is no way in hell the mets are that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          I think the Phillies will at least win their division. There is no way in hell the mets are that much better.
          +1

I'm calling a Philly sports championship season for 2007(-2008). Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers.
          Scott

Comment

Well at this point things don't look like all fun and games in the Yankees club house Don. Just my opinion of course. If the Red Sox stay healthy and play like they have been I would easily give them the division and the pennant.
            We must!
            We must!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

I also agree with the Phillies for the NL East.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1 View Post
                Well at this point things don't look like all fun and games in the Yankees club house Don. Just my opinion of course. If the Red Sox stay healthy and play like they have been I would easily give them the division and the pennant.
                I predict Nixon will hit a line drive off of Matsuzaka pitching hand, thus ending his season. He'll also give Francona the rasberry as he runs down the first base line thus causing Francona to have heart palpitations, disrupting team chemistry and throwing the team into disarray, enough to eventually lose the pennant by 1 game to the Yanks.

Yanks clubhouse will be a happy home for Slappy and Jeter. Philip Hughes will take over as a starter and run out onto the field to the tune of Boom Boom, Out Go the Lights.

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: AHHHHHH........I love baseball season.

Comment

As for the Phillies,......not quite yet. They still have to plug some holes and Howard has to repeat his 2006 season. Not an easy task. The Mets would have to fall flat on their faces for that to happen...................and that, my friend, is a definite possibility....

Comment

And in the interest of full disclosure I had to pick the Yankees, I do every year! lol...but this is the year I have been least confident with them making the playoffs

Comment

I guess you missed Jeter's response to A-Rod then. He didn't sound to happy. And personally I wouldn't be either. Yankees need to get rid of 2 huge distractions. Pavano and A-Rod. Pavano is just a complete loss for them. They need to say they F'd up and just release him outright. He holds no more value for them at all. A-Rod has just become a whining bitch this spring. First it is the shit with Jeter. Now it is how he misses Lou. Ship him to the Cubs and get what you can. With those 2 gone the Yankees will begin to get it back.
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Well Sheffield did come to Detroit, his role basically is a DH right now..
                        it's all about the TIGERS baby!!!

Comment

I'm speehless. Grady Sizemore is my pick or the AL-MVP this year.
                          Yankees Have not given me enough to figure out how many games they will take the division by, 3 or less, or 5 or more. Toronto is no easy win any more. Ask the sox , they'll agree. I hope we bring Hughes in only if he's ready, the lineup is good enough to not rush him. He was in double A for the entire year last year. I think maybe one more year and it's time, unless we're all hurt agan like last year, it still doesn't matter, we have Jeter, Abreu, Damon, and Cano. Talk about on base percentage. i could win 14-15 games for that lineup. Giambi, Arod, Godzilla, and Posada (most r.b.i.'s by any catcher the last 7 years) and Melky (the best outfielder on the team) to bring those first 4 around to score. I predict 900 runs for the Yankees this year, and # 27 finally. We're due. Keep Clemens. Not worth half a season, and the american League, has seen him plenty, I truly have no want. Do you all remember the All Star game two years ago? I predicted a shellacking , he was toast after 6 batters if i remember correctly.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                            Well Sheffield did come to Detroit, his role basically is a DH right now..
                            it's all about the TIGERS baby!!!
                            They got him in there as DH now Jeri, but if needed, you got an outfielder with a rocket arm. Ordonez is out there now, but Gary would fill in just fine if something happened. I dont know who's playing first for Detroit, but Gary was working out at that position.

Anyway you look at it. He was exciting coming up to bat as a Yankee, and now he's in Detroit. Good for you, sad for me. I liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              We're due. Keep Clemens. Not worth half a season
                              You're absolutely right Tommy. We are due. Hard to believe we're into a 7 year drought. I got a feeling we're gonna have a runaway year this year and it'll be because of our pitching ('bout time). (Still need to get rid of Proctor. ).

As for Clemens, at this point, I would take a half of season with Clemens, than a full season of Pavano, though Pavano, if he's serious, could be a comeback player this year. He's got the line-up to back him up. I really think we'll be unbelievable this year. By the way, Roger's been hangin' around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=2791381

Comment

Working...
                              X