X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Turkey to reset?

http://www.dawn.com/2007/02/28/int16.htm

Well,it's possible.

Our prime minister's an imam(a priest for islam).He's playing the "I've changed so much.I have a modern point of view" card but no one buys that.Gen. Buyukanit will kick his ass if he tries to push it more.

I know that the army's a tool of the government in the U.S.A.It's a little different in Turkey.It's our insurance against the Islamic Extremists.

Erdogan's trying to weaken the army's force,along with the will of the EU.It's good for both of'em.EU countries want Turkey,to be weaker so they're trying to cut off Army's power.And our "beloved" Erdogan's trying to save hiss ass and build an Islamic system

I hate those Islamic Politicians.Lots of foreign countries think that we look like Arabs,just because of them.Tayyip's wife wears a headscarf and she's supposed to be the first lady!If they want to live like that,Suudi Arabia is always there.

The President of the Republic(Ahmet Necdet Sezer) ignores ,Erdogan's wife completely.He doesn't send invitations to her and the other politicians's wives,who wear headscarfs,when he anounces an event. Necdet Sezer's a good guy.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Wow,no interest on this thread.I guess we're a pretty boring country

Comment

I've been there. I liked it a lot. I've got no problem with someone wearing a hijab, though. Let them wear what they want.

Comment

Personally, I enjoy hearing about it and how things are there.

Just not a lot I can intelligently add to the thread, so I just tend to listen.

Comment

what does Turkey think it will gain if 'granted' membership into the EU? Is trade restricted ? I suppose the currency stability would be good. You could pay 200 Euros for a tank of gas instead of 100000000000000000000000 Lira.

Comment

I've been watching that story about the disappearing Iranian general too. That looks like a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                what does Turkey think it will gain if 'granted' membership into the EU? Is trade restricted ? I suppose the currency stability would be good. You could pay 200 Euros for a tank of gas instead of 100000000000000000000000 Lira.

Oh,I don't want Turkey to be an EU member.They're just trying to rip us off.It will get us nothing.

BTW,our currency doesn't have 124981749817294714127 0's anymore They threw out the six 0's ,2 years ago.Now we pay 3 liras/litre for oil.(yeah the government's ripping us off,too)

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                  I've been there. I liked it a lot. I've got no problem with someone wearing a hijab, though. Let them wear what they want.

Well,I do

If it was just some clothes,it could have been ok for me,too.But it IS something political.If you see someone wearing hijab,you know who're they gonna vote.Think of it like a flag.

And since most of them have problems with men with long hair,they're not couraging me to be optimistic about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    Well,I do

If it was just some clothes,it could have been ok for me,too.But it IS something political.If you see someone wearing hijab,you know who're they gonna vote.Think of it like a flag.

And since most of them have problems with men with long hair,they're not couraging me to be optimistic about them.
                    Well of course it's political. It's called democracy.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about the currency revaluation. I always imagine Turkey as the land where everyone is expert in exponential arithmetic. Are people talking about the Iranian Revolutionary Guard General?

Comment

Wow, I just heard a news report on CNN that Turkey has banned YouTube because someone put up a video with a parody showing that Ataturk was gay.

That's very thin skin, if true, because it will just invite more people who will needle you endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                          Wow, I just heard a news report on CNN that Turkey has banned YouTube because someone put up a video with a parody showing that Ataturk was gay.

That's very thin skin, if true, because it will just invite more people who will needle you endlessly.

I was just gonna say that.Istanbul First Criminal Peace Court suspended our access to youtube because of some 12 year old Greek fucktard(I don't have anything against Greek people.Don't get me wrong)

I'm pretty sure those brainless court guys have no knowledge of internet.WTF?Ignoring something doesn't destroy anything.And it's just a video.Plus,they're banning our right to answer.What happens when someone posts a hate speech on a forum?The post gets deleted.It's that simple.No,our court guys are over-intelligent so they ban our connection to YouTube and "punish" them in their super-sonic-stoopid way. A lot of people are very angry because of this.I hope some communist-Linux supporter lawyer sues them and gets the ban off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                            Oh yeah, I forgot about the currency revaluation. I always imagine Turkey as the land where everyone is expert in exponential arithmetic. Are people talking about the Iranian Revolutionary Guard General?
                            Yeah,everybody has extreme knowledge and theories about financial progression,here in Turkey.We are an over-educated nation:ROTF:

And the Iranian guy,

I don't know much about him but it is oftenly mentioned that he's lost in Turkey.I'm pretty sure he's killed.

Comment

I can't believe that a 12 year old drew that response. People will think now that anything goes and they will target sacrosanct Turk symobls on purpose, just to get a rise out of your judges.

Comment

Working...
                              X