Just came to a realization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came to a realization

My dog died last January, my pickup truck sprang a leak in the radiator back in November and my wife died on January 5th of this year...All of these things happened within one year. I'm a freakin' walking country music song!!! :ROTF:
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

At least you can laugh about it! Has not been a good year for you, Jack. Maybe things will turn around!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Jack, I am hoping that you are in the clear now bro. You have had way more than your share of bad luck. Why not write the last year into a kick ass song and become the next Toby Keith?

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Things can only get better from here, Jack. Stay strong! (rootbeer)
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Things can only get better from here, Jack. Stay strong! (rootbeer)
          I'm not complaining. If I didn't have the bad things happen I wouldn't know how lucky I am for the good things.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That's the secret to getting through it - it's cliche to say "we gotta take the bitter with the sweet", but it's a cliche for a reason: how would you appreciate the sweet without knowing what the bitter was about?

If all we had was sweet, we'd take it for granted and say "that's just how things are" and then we'd be completely devastated the first time something not-sweet happened.

Maybe that's why some people fall completely apart? They've had so much sweet or so little bitter in their life that the first time they get something major, they flip out.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You're a solid emeffer Jack! Still standin baby. Inspirational. I just toasted you.

Comment

187? what's the number Jackerooster?
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Newc, you're so right.. That's why I've always loved this song.. I love the Robben Ford version, check out Clint Eastwood... Way cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJwfdp-A98

Jack, you're one strong guy.. Staying positive and looking forward. You're a good rolemodel! Rock on!
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                  X