Almost killed and still here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost killed and still here

I should have been dead, at least, 4 times. I am not talking about OD's. I have never done drugs. OK, a little Pot. I am talking about just life. Two wrecks in a VW Beetle. I walked off a 25 foot cliff at the beach. Thank God, the tide wasn't in. And I got hit by a sleeper wave on a previous trip to the beach. I am living on borrowed time. Anyone else?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    Last edited by fett; 03-06-2007, 07:05 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Yep... Borrowed time here for sure... Classic JCF pic...

Comment

Wow.... I wish I had pictures of my Chevy S10 Blazer... Completely unrecognizable. Flipped completely and landed on the side. Only the right rear quarterpanel escaped without damage.

The CHP officer had to ask me what it was, and when I told him.... he said "No shit, really? Are you sure?"
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I lost 9 pints of blood once and was dead for 93 seconds...but I got better
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
          I lost 9 pints of blood once and was dead for 93 seconds...but I got better
          Well, that takes the cake so far.

Comment

I crashed my bike, had 12 rib fractures, my spleen blew up, lost 7 pints of blood ... but I'm not complaining ...

Comment

Life can kill you. Just think what one little difference determines whether you live or die. That hit me real hard when I was 10. A good friend of mine, also 10, was driving a farm tractor and it rolled over. And he was dead. Was his time up? I don't think so. It just was just the difference between being in the "Right" place or the "Wrong" place when the shit hit the fan. Is that "Fate" or just dumb luck?

Comment

Drunk driver almost took me out in '88. My car looked very similar to John's. Luckily the idiot was driving a sportscar rather than an SUV. No permanent damage to me except my neck & back have always gotten stiff easier since the accident.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Life can kill you. Just think what one little difference determines whether you live or die. That hit me real hard when I was 10. A good friend of mine, also 10, was driving a farm tractor and it rolled over. And he was dead. Was his time up? I don't think so. It just was just the difference between being in the "Right" place or the "Wrong" place when the shit hit the fan. Is that "Fate" or just dumb luck?
                  Sometimes I think its just fate. Our really good friends and neighbors son (who I knew) flipped his car and hit a telephone pole, and due in part to lack of seat belt, was killed instantly. Nothing could be done to avoid him wrecking, it just happened. Fate also places you away from the wrong place at the wrong time, IE being held up a few seconds at the grocery store because they needed to get the price for an item and if you hadnt you would have been where the person that got out of the parking lot a few seconds before you and got hit by a truck.

Comment

Hey, Randy Rhoads has already been dead for over 25 years and you don't hear -him- complaining!

</smartass_mode>
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I had a 16 year old kid put the barrel of a .30-.30 rifle on the bridge of my nose, and tell my brother if he made one wrong move, I wouldn't live to see Christmas. Then he walked me about 200 yards out of he woods and NEVER moved that barrel. Granted, we were stealing a Christmas tree...but shit, I was 12 years old. Thank goodness the man who owned the land was very nice. He chewed that kid out. My brother was 25 years old. He kept begging that kid to put the gun down, he was telling the kid, that I was just a kid and to leave me alone....he wouldn't, kept callin us "dog breath" yeah, Hill Street Blues was the #1 thing on TV back then. My brother told him..I will find you someday, and kick the shit out of you. 4 years later, we were driving down the street in small town, my brother stopped his truck in the middle of the road, went across it and kicked the shit out of some guy..was the same guy...he hurt him pretty bad. He just kept sayin..remeber my little sister you dumb fuck? This is for her!! An ambulance came and picked the kid up. The cops talked to my brother..and let him go. I have never been so scared in my life.
                      Last edited by guitarsjb; 03-06-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I was free soloing a slab in West By God 14 years ago and had a hold flake off. I fell 40 feet and landed on my back. Broken back, sternum, ribs and some internal bleeding.

chuck
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I exploded once, but luckily I was SEWN BACK TOGETHER!
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

On the flip side, someone rear ended me at a light, totaled his car to the windshield (78or79 malibu). Must have been doing at least 40. When the cop arrived he told me to get lost and stop hanging around the scene of an accident. When I told him that I was the car that got hit, he looked at the back of my 69 caddy convertible and couldnt believe it. The bumper had a few dings in it and my tailpipe was all bent. I drove it that way until I sold it months later. His insurance gave me $800 for the car I paid $600 for. Ive never been hurt seriously in a car accident. (Knocks wood)

Comment

I had a bad car accident back in 98 and totaled my S10 pickup. along with 2 other cars. I split 3 major artaries in my scalp and was bleeding to death. I had a near death experience which realy changed the way i view things. In my near death expieriance I saw 2 figures ina bright light walking towards me one saying in my deceased fathers voice. "Take care of your mom she'll need you" and the other said "I'm not done with you yet" Guess who that was?
                              Well so far my dads voice is right. My mom is in failing health altho strong willed and will be fine when she learns to calm down a little. lol Old people are funny. lol And there is obviosly a plan for me that i havnt finished yet. So Im here for a while.
                              About a week later after i recovered. I went to get the stuff out of my truck or what was left of it. And the front end was completely pushed back on the drivers side of the truck. The windshiled was cracked at the lower corner of the drivers side. But the mai thing that hitme was the way the engine was. It pushed back into the fire wall but then pushed towards the empty passenger seat of the truck jamming the transmission and launching the battery out of the engine compartment. I dont have any pics but the shock of seeing the way it was damaged made my knees buckle. Knowing It couldve been so much worse but some how it wasnt.
                              Gil
                              Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 03-07-2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X