Custom Guitar Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Guitar Cabinet

My Dad made me this as a Christmas gift. It's made out of SOLID black walnut (no laminate) and he custom designed the space/retainer system. Each divider is made out of walnut with black velour and gold rope piping. These dividers are movable (to accomodate either electric or acoustic body widths) and are "locked" into place via the hinged walnut "bar" on the back of the case. The bottom and back are black padded velour as well. He also installed halogen track lighting to illuminate the inside of the case for a nice display (when I want to show off....lol). It's cool to have a Dad that can do this sort of thing. He didn't go by any specific plans and kind of designed it as he went.

Cool!

Comment

have him build you a guitar next. looks great.

Comment

Wow! For the first time ever I have to say that cabinet is possibly outshining the guitars! Your dad is a master craftsman Thrust!
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Damn dude thats awesome!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks fellas. Yes, he's really gifted at things like this. I wish I had his talent (and patience) for similar endeavors.

Comment

Is your dad taking any applications for adoption? I don't eat very much.

Comment

Very cool cab.

The only problem that I see is that you don't have any Jacksons/Charvels in there
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                  Very cool cab.

The only problem that I see is that you don't have any Jacksons/Charvels in there

LoL. Yeah, I sold my last Jackson a few months ago. I'm was going to pick up a DK2M but found a super deal on a RGA121 Iben-had . I'm actually thinking about trying to track down a Black SL2 (not "h"....I dig the no inlays look).

Comment

Wow, that looks like a really beautiful piece of workmanship.

Comment

That's amazing! Looks like there's alot of money to be made there. People would pay alot for something like that.

Comment

very nice cabinet!!!
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

that's a stylish set up. very nice
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

That is beautiful!!!

Comment

Very nice...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X