Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday's status hearing

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...7830837138.txt

I haven't gotten my official call from the state's attorney's office yet, but this is the update from the status hearing yesterday - he has retained two new attorneys. The same two I discussed in the last post - one who helped get David Hendricks aquitted of killing his family and the other who defended a serial killer (convicted) in central Illinois. Although they haven't started looking at the documentation, they expect to be ready for a trial as early as May.

The comments on the article are always amusing - in their own way. Everybody's main concern is the fact that he's still being paid. Always so interesting.

Update: I finally got my official call - their claim of being ready for trial by May sounds pretty bs - they changed the all day motions hearing on March 26th to a status hearing. The new attorneys haven't even gotten all the documentation from the old attorney yet. So, I may get to spend part of my summer in court.
    Last edited by Mrs Tekky; 02-27-2007, 12:34 PM. Reason: Added update

sorry to hear that
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Thanks my friend. It could be worse - he could be out on the street terrorizing people. I'll do my part to keep it that way. It won't take back what happened, but it will save someone else from it. And I will finally get closure that sticks.

Comment

Justice will come.
        Glad to see the delays are not swaying your resolve.
        I'm impressed by your strength and attitude with each and every post.
        Most would have crumbled by now... and that's probably what they are hoping for. Don't let him have the satisfaction.
        -Rick

Comment

There are some that believe the delays have been in the hopes that the victims/witnesses will forget or confuse details- for me it will be 4 years April 4. Another girl has hit four years already. The others - it's been less than that.

In my case, shortly after it happened, I wrote a lot of it down. Kind of a purging if you will. I still have what I wrote. I won't forget. And thankfully, it won't just be on our testimonies. I don't know what all evidence they have. I won't be told any of it until afterwards. That way the defense can't say that the witness was tampered with. I don't know the other girls. And may not ever know them.

But for my part, they can delay all they want. I'll review what I wrote back then. I'll be ready.

Comment

> Most would have crumbled by now... and that's probably what
            > they are hoping for. Don't let him have the satisfaction.

> There are some that believe the delays have been in the hopes
            > that the victims/witnesses will forget or confuse details

damn... did i already mention the U.S. justice system SUCKS donkey hemorroids?!?%

I hope this piece of shit drops his soap bar often.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I think we all stand behind you both, as you can see the number of times the threads have been read. It is just sometimes difficult for people to know what to write. You and Mr.Tekky are very special people and I wish you the best.

Comment

You guys have really offered an amazing amount of support. And you are right El_Kabong - it is a very difficult topic that people often don't know what to say. And that is perfectly ok. I debated for a long time about bringing it up here. But it is a topic that I think needs more attention - not just for my case, but in general. Because one of the weapons is sex, rape is often a taboo subject. And unfortunately it leads a lot of men and women to feel shame when they are sexually attacked.

You guys here have really been great throughout this whole thing. One of the hardest parts is knowing that not everything in the paper is true or is misstated. Like the amount of bond - he's actually at $1 million bond - meaning he has to produce $100,000 in cash. So far he and his family have been unable to do so. And the no forced entry statement - rather misleading - it was middle of the night and I woke to somebody standing in the bedroom door - not like I went and let him in - he came in through the sliding doors - which I have now been informed are actually quite easy to get into and it won't necessarily leave any marks.

But it's nice to know I have the support here. Definitely helps!

Comment

it was middle of the night and I woke to somebody standing in the bedroom door - not like I went and let him in - he came in through the sliding doors
                  God damn... that is creepy... I hope that sick fuck stays in prison for a very long time.
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I can only imagine what you are going through.

Comment

Working...
                    X