No announcement yet.

Has anyone caught a pick at a concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught 2 in one night once. One from Randy Piper from Wasp, and one from Gene Simmons.

I also caught a GL pick when I saw Dokken open for Loverboy.

The coolest one wasn't actually thrown out, but I got it. I got to see Clapton around '93 or '94 in Knoxville from the 2nd row and he did something very unexpected. He came out with an acoustic and opened the show with an unplugged set. At one point while he was sitting, a pick fell from a mic stand in front of him and I saw it fall. Apparently I was the only one that did, because when they took a break between acoustic and electric sets, I crept up and got it. It was a Fender pick, even though all he touched all night was Martins and Gibsons. He even played an ES-335 during the electric set. No Strats at all.

I have none of those picks now!!

Comment

I´ve never caught one - and that´s a crying shame. Dammit.

Comment

I've never caught, i have two but never caught any. But then again I've only been to one show It was a TSO show and afterwards I got 2 of Skolnick's picks off his mic stand

Comment

i have a pick from yngwie j. malmsteen (not to be confused with all the OTHER yngwie malmsteen's out there!). he threw it out and it hit me in the face. my wife caught it as it it bounced of my forehead.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

> At one point I had over 25 Dave Mustaine picks from one show.

HAHAHA when i first read that i thought he threw them all at you and you caught them!!!
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Bret Michaels!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

When I was younger that was the best thing to get from a show. I have caught picks from Scott Ian, Frank Bello, James Hetfield, Johnny Ramone, Greg Steele, Mike Ness and a few others.

Comment

I caught one from Ace when he was on his warm-up tour before the Kiss reunion. Wasn't a very big crowd and he flicked it out and I put my hand up and it hit right in my palm. Lucky I guess everyone around me was looking to see if someone got it or not.

That's the only one and it's from my hero so that's very cool.

J.

Comment

I've caught a couple. All at the same venue. I caught 2 from Day of Fire and 1 from The Showdown. Plus I got a drumstick from Pillar.
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I've gotten a few over the years....the ones I still have and know where they are, are from Glen Drover, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag and Paul Stanley.
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I got a lot of Jim Dunlop picks.I guess someone goes to his shows and pick all the picks from the floor,at the end of the show.And they sell 'em.Good business.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                          I got a lot of Jim Dunlop picks.I guess someone goes to his shows and pick all the picks from the floor,at the end of the show.And they sell 'em.Good business.
                          I was waiting for someone to say sometihng like that.

Comment

I caught Jake E Lee's pick on The Ultimate Sin Tour . It was pink and really really thick . Maybe 2mm . It's at my parent's house somewhere . One side had Jake's signature .
                            Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I had a stryper guitar pick and bible. Plus I caught a Gene $immons pick too.

Comment

Dimebag
                                Joe Holmes (OZZY)
                                And an Emperor drumstick.

Comment

Working...
                                X