damned flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damned flu

I start feeling queasy at work saturday night (had to go in and test changes they made on our servers) and got home at 1:30am. Stayed up until 1pm today feeling like there was broken glass in my gut, dry heaved four times, slept off and on about 30 minutes at a time all day.

Booted again at about 8pm, and now am wide awake with guts still churning and I believe I have a fever. Ugh, this shit sucks. If the flu going around anyone else's home or work? A lot of the programmers where I work had it, and I figured I was next since I test a lot of their software changes. Thankfully I have a comp day that I'm taking tomorrow, but still... I HATE wasting vacation days on being sick.

Maybe I should take some meds and record some clips!

Pete

Damn, dude that sucks! I feel for ya, I've been dealing with acute bronchitis for 2 weeks now, I wouldn't wish this on anybody!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bummer Pete. Hope you get feeling better soon. My husband James was sick Friday night. Up all night throwin up, he's just now getting back to normal. Must be goin around..

Comment

That sucks. Hate that the flu and it sucks wasting sick days on actually being sick!

Thought I was getting the same thing, but turns out I'm most likely just getting an ulcer from all the ibuprofen I've been ODing on cuz of the shoulder. Ugh...

Hope yas get better soon!

Comment

Thanks guys. Cleve, an ulcer? Argh! Ibuprofen is bad on your liver or kidneys too, so watch out. I actually slept all night, which is good... but I still feel like a coyote chewed me up and shit me off a cliff.

Pete

Comment

Yeah, I was taking like 1200mg (too much) a couple times a day for the torn rotator and other tendonitus stuff. Should have realized it was gonna start doing bad stuff to me... Started getting that punched in the belly thing going on and then I realized the source duh...

I quit taking it and the stomache is feeling better within a day or so. Pretty obvious now. Unfortunately, the rest of me hurts tho now haha...

Cool you're coming out of it, it sounds...

Comment

There's been a real nasty stomach virus that's gone around this season. Both of my kids got it and, while they mostly recovered in a week or so, my oldest really took several weeks for all of the effects to completely go away - painful stomach cramps and loose poop for 3 or 4 weeks afterwards. That's a posssibility, too.

Comment

Flu here, too. Had it for a week now. Last Monday I didn't feel too great - I'd hiccup and immediately belch then immediately hiccup again and it felt like someone was kicking me in the chest.
                Tuesday morning it hits me hard - hacking and coughing all over the place, can't sleep for more than an hour at a time.
                Had to take a vacation day because I'd only had one hour of sleep and was not about to go in on a 12-hour shift like that. To make it worse, that was Steak Day at work - company bought us all steaks to celebrate our annual gainshare/safety bonus.

I was off Wed and Thurs anyway, and still did not sleep more than 2 hours in a row. I couldn't eat anything - didn't make me sick, just didn't taste right, or at least good enough to want more than I did eat.

Friday wasn't any better for the sleep, so I took another day.

Went in Saturday night even though I hadn't had enough sleep - stayed up 24 hours straight. Went to bed as soon as I got home Sunday morning at 6:30 and woke up at 8:30 hacking and coughing up phlegm. Laid back down and woke up 2 hours later for the same thing, and was up the rest of the day.
                Went in Sunday night and left at midnight. Went to bed as soon as I got home and woke up at 2AM coughing, then managed to sleep til 8 this morning.

My stomach was killing me from all the coughing, food doesn't taste right except salty foods (chips, ham, etc) but it's like it has 10x the salt on it, and I can't seem to cough up enough phlegm.

Haven't been to the doctor - all they treat are the symptoms, they can't get rid of the virus.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the schools around here have been hit hard with the flu. in fact 2 kids have died, and one school was shut down. nasty stuff.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                  X