Makin' bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makin' bacon

I know you guys just hate it when I do this, but this one is just too good. I must share. At Albertson's, I am in good with the butcher lady. She knows I like my "Cheap Meat". Anyway, I'm at the other end of the store and she yells to me; "Do you do bacon?" So I follow her back to the meat dept. She proceeded to load one box and wrapped up another load of Tyson Bacon the sells for $5.99 a package. She told me to wait. She had to get pricing stickers. So, I'm standing there with 20 packages of bacon. She came back and put a 99 cent sticker on the box and another on the wrapped bunch. I ended up with $120 of bacon for $1.98.:ROTF: :ROTF: Being the nice guy that I am, I offer 2 packages to the nice lady at one of the thrift stores I go to. She wanted to show me something. It was a very cool Fender RI strap with a $14.99 price. She sold it to me for 99 cents. I gave away a few more packs, kept 3 and gave the rest to my dau-in-law. I just charm the socks off of these people.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Pay it forward!

One good deed leads to another.

Comment

Mmmm, bacon! Now I'm hungry again... and I just ate lunch! :ROTF:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is good shit, man. No strap for you!!!!! You will just give it away.:ROTF:

Comment

Guess you didn't hear about the recall huh?

You ate that stuff huh? Wow...

Comment

My mom works at a grocery store and I often get frozen meat that was soon to go out of date. If it's cryovaced and frozen it will last a long time.

Comment

What? I just had a little green tinge on it. That goes away once you cook the stuff.:ROTF: I make friends with everyone I meat. They just do that stuff because I treat them like people. I don't expect anything in return. But, it happens anyhow.
              Last edited by fett; 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                This is good shit, man. No strap for you!!!!! You will just give it away.:ROTF:
                If you give me a leather strap, I'll make bacon out of it. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Tyson Bacon
                  Is it Mike Tyson Bacon? It's probably made from Evander Holyfield ear.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Is it Mike Tyson Bacon? It's probably made from Evander Holyfield ear.
                    That's a good one.:ROTF: But you still can't have the strap. It has "Fender" written all over it. If this wasn't a RI strap it would have been worth $100.

Comment

Everything's better with bacon!!!

Comment

Cool story. To be honest I thought I was going to find a guitar with a bacon paint job. lol
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I see it now. "A Kevin Bacon Custom Shop". Butcher block body.

Comment

Dude, mail me a pack. Or two. Or three Too bad you cant put it on ebay and use the profits towards a new Squier

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                              Dude, mail me a pack. Or two. Or three Too bad you cant put it on ebay and use the profits towards a new Squier
                              Don't laugh. If I were a real jerk, I could have gone to another Albertson's and returned the whole lot and got $120 back. All I had to say is; "I didn't realize that it had to used today." Now, that's SPAM.
                              Last edited by fett; 02-22-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X