Badass Job news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badass Job news

As some of you may know, I started up at a new job on Dec 19th as an RMA-tester for one of Europe´s largest computer (and other shiznit) mail order companies.

These last 2 months I´ve had mixed feelings, both about my department (not the job, but the people) and about how well I´m doing, as unlike just about everybody else I´m not regularly called over to my bosses´ desk to "get an enema" as we refer to it. That could be viewed as both good and bad, but I tend to expect the worst while hoping for the best.

Well, today we switched back from 2-shifts to the standard "gliding time" scheme. As a result of this, 5 people lost their jobs. One person was promoted.

Starting roughly the middle of next week (as soon as I´ve trained my successor), I will be co-leading the QA department as a result of not only getting more work done than most others in the department, but also being 99.997% error free (a total of 3 errors in 10000 test reports, all of the errors between Dec 19th and Dec 31st). The QA department very literally said to my boss "We would like Tim, and only Tim". Makes sense, because when it comes to QA the very best is just good enough IMO. My old and new boss both feel the same, apparently

Side note: while I´m still officially a temp, my new position was created from the get go with the intent of the candidate getting a long term (and better paying) contract. So besides proving beyond any doubt just how good I am, the chances are high that I´ll set a new company record for shortness of timeframe between starting as a temp and being part of the main team. With a job that puts me in the position of delivering enemas instead of receiving them :ROTF:

I expect to be totally blitzed out of my mind within the next 3 hours, so please excuse any incoherent jibberish that I may spew later

Right on!
    It's always cool to hear good news about peoples jobs.
    -Rick

Comment

Excellent!! rock on.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Congrats!
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Excellent news, well done.
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Nice indeed, way to go, congrats, good work young man.
            Your score is 5 headbangers.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Congratulations! It's nice when hard work pays off in the end.

Comment

Awesome. Always good to hear when people who try hard get ahead. Now, keep up the tenacity and you'll do well.

Comment

Sweet baby jesus in a bag of kettle corn..that's awesome!!

Gimme some money!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Congratulations! Proof to all people that hard work really does pays off
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Congratulations Tim. Couldn't happen to a better dude. You deserve it bro !!
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Congrats!! I'm proud of you.

Comment

good for you, my friend -
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, dude! Viel Erfolg!

The exact same thing is happening to me at my job!

Hoch soll sie leben!
                            Hoch soll sie leben!
                            Dreimal hoch!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks everyone... and it would seem that congratulations are in order for Ron as well

Comment

Working...
                              X