No announcement yet.

Television Repair experts...HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, everyone. I will fuck with this thing tomorrow. I appreciate all the responses.

I will not be opening it up. I am going to check the connections as Flametop suggested and then I will try adjustments on the horizontal.

Again, thank you all!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Flametop, the static charge you get off the front of the tube is pretty close to the same voltage that is inside the tube, just much less amps. That's why it stings like it does and can travel a good 3 inches. Wiping off the tube in theory shouldn't cause a problem but it would if he has a high voltage circuit that is right near the edge of failure to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        Flametop, the static charge you get off the front of the tube is pretty close to the same voltage that is inside the tube, just much less amps. That's why it stings like it does and can travel a good 3 inches. Wiping off the tube in theory shouldn't cause a problem but it would if he has a high voltage circuit that is right near the edge of failure to begin with.

Correct. Sorry, I was reading and typing on the fly. What I meant to imply was that it was no where near what you would feel if you grabbed a hold of the anode cap, the main reason people should not take the back off of a TV. Even though most sets these days are pretty good about discharging the CRT when turned off for a while. Thanks for pointing that out.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

If your bold enough you could pop that bad boy open and find the pot on the inside.
          days of pots inside a tv are long gone ....its all done by a digital control pcb \
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop View Post
            Correct. Sorry, I was reading and typing on the fly. What I meant to imply was that it was no where near what you would feel if you grabbed a hold of the anode cap, the main reason people should not take the back off of a TV. Even though most sets these days are pretty good about discharging the CRT when turned off for a while. Thanks for pointing that out.
            Ouch, I have been bit by a few Anodes. Man they hurt. We used to keep a pretty good stockpile of tubes and even after sitting for months the tube will hold enough of a charge to give you a good hurting.

Comment

Sounds like you may be headed to Best Buy soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                Sounds like you may be headed to Best Buy soon...
                Bite your tongue!
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop View Post
                  PM me with your model and chassis numbers. Once I know which chassis it is for sure, I can advise you further.
                  Will do once I get home (I work in Cleveland but live in Cinci). I know it's the home theater system which (for 1997) was nice because it had lots of inputs, including S-Video in.

Comment

Working...
                  X