Plumbing leaks suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing leaks suck!

The plumbers are tearing my house apart as I type. I have a slabe leak and they have to repipe. It's all bad and it started yesterday on my Birthday when I awoke to a tile floor so hot it would burn your bare feet. On top of that I believe the tubes in my new Peavey XXX combo are dying since now I get abounch of noise/static when plugging in any guitar. I could have returned to MF last week but now it's my problem what a fucked up B-Day!

Ah yes, the SoCal "let's just sink the water pipes in the concrete slab" construction technique of the 60's and 70's! That REALLY sucks - it hasn't happened to me yet, but seeing as my place is 30 years old, it's almost time...

I hope they're running the pipe in the attic this time!

Besides not having basements, something we all get to look forward to someday around here, in addition to death and taxes!
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

All the houses in my 'hood when I lived in Marin were slabs with radiant heat pipes. I got out before they broke. I did have the kitchen and utility sink drain pipe break under the slab. It would have been like $10,000 to replace it. I did the smart thing and rerouted a new pipe that had to go down the outside side of the house and along the front to tie into the main drain. I dug the ditch myself. Total cost $450. I didn't like that job at all.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Houses around the country have that slab foundation with the piping in it. The problem is more that the water in the West is so mineralized, and hard water speeds up the corrosion of piping. Since it's a hot water slab leak they SHOULD have been able to reroute from the water heater without jackhammering up the slab, but there might be some factor preventing that.

A slab leak is one of the most invasive jobs, and the problem is you're going to have more slab leaks. It'll start leaking 5 feet away, and if it's in the wall you'll get condensation, drywall and frame rot, mold, maybe electrical problems leading to fire, etc...

You really need to consider repiping the place ASAP, or selling it ASAP. Repetitive slab leaks will kill you and you WILL have more, I promise you.

BTW, Happy Birthday!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My kitchen. Compassion needed. Be strong, Predator1.

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Holy crap!!!

Comment

Indeed
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That picture actually made me LOL.

Comment

Working...