Why I filter my water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I filter my water

Pretty disgusting isn' it? That is the Britta I use to filter water from the kitchen tap.
    Last edited by fett; 01-31-2007, 02:35 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

You're letting all those nutrients go to waste?

Comment

You ought to smell the chlorine when I fill it up. I have only used filtered water since I moved up here. The retail cost of a single Britta filter is close to $10. I score mine real cheap at thriftstores because people buy the setup and give it up. I know my water supply is going through old pipes, 1970's, but if they are using water that has half the shit in mine and saw that pitcher, they would think again.

Comment

Old pipes? Around here you can still find lead pipes in houses. Gives the water a little extra special somethin'. Nothing like a tall shimmering glass of lead water to go with a delicious window sill or door jam.

Comment

The town I work in had some issues with thier water system. On the bills they sent out to thier customers they added a notice that they did not know what the long effect would have if you drank it. Nice!
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Stay away from water, it's nasty. Drink beer!
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, I know. But I have to have a full pot of coffee in the morning. I filter the water for cooking, as well. The water I have is just beyond belief.

Comment

Why not put a large "inline" canister filter under the sink and be done with it? Then you would not have to wait for the water to drip through that damn thing.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

No room. That's where all my pots and pans are. I owned a house for years and I have done all the plumbing I'm going to do. It's easy once you get used to filling up the pitcher beforehand.

Comment

You smoke cigarettes, yet you're worried about filtering your water? :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well you've got to watch out for those carcinogens
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Cigs taste good and it beats sucking my thumb. But cruddy water makes everything taste bad. I didn't say I was perfect.

Comment

to think you shower with that stuff .... don't you?
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

no way, vikings only shower in the guts and blood of the vanquished!
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Your Tap Water could be as bad as mine. Has anyone done what I just showed you? You just may be shocked.

Comment

Working...
                              X