No announcement yet.

really O/T, Air purifier recommends?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really O/T, Air purifier recommends?!?

I have TERRIBLE allergies and decided maybe I should try out one of these expensive air purifiers to see if that helps with my daily living.

Can anyone recommend a product that WORKS for a small room (no more then 300 sq feet capacity needed)

Theres lots out there, and Ive heard some are complete crap. I dont trust web reviews as who knows who's shilling..

Thanks for any help!

The Honeywell ever-care or the Holmes both work well. none of those static things from the gadget stores work. I have terrible allergies and The ones with a real hepa filter that you must change is are the only ones that make a difference.

Comment

Sharper Image, Ionic Breeze. I've used them for years and they work great, a bit pricy, but wirth it in the long run.

http://sharperimage.com/us/en/landpage/proplus.jhtml

Pat
      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Not sure which is the best, but I can say this, Do a little research before you buy. find out how much replacement filters will cost, how available they are and all that stuff.

I bought one a few years ago that did a good job, but all of a suddent he filters became hard to find. The charcoal filters went from $10 for 2 to about $30 and the hepa filter went from $20 to almost $60. So almost $100 a month on filters and I paid $50 for the whole unit. So I saved money by throwing the thing in the garbage!
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I have a custom built one in my bar that works fantastic. It is the type with a hepa filter and a UV bulb. It actually filters and sterilizes the air as it passes through it. You can even get the UV types that install directly in the central heat/air duct of your home. This type will out perform any other type of air cleaner. Learn more here: http://www.surroundair.com/uv-light.htm
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X