Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else's significant other in a band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else's significant other in a band?

Just curious. With only one day of advanced notice, my wife's band got asked to fill in for an out-of-town band that couldn't make it to a Friday show in Minneapolis. This was her band's first gig, and due to construction at their practice space, they hadn't played together in a month. It was her first time on stage (except for karaoke and a state fair thing years ago), the bassist's first live gig ever, and the guitarist's first time playing live in an original band. Although it's not exactly my style of music - sort of "Zombie"-era Cranberries is the best comparison I can make - I went to the show and was quite impressed. Of course they thought they sucked, but as first gigs go, most bands would have felt ecstatic with the results.

Their drummer recorded my band's first demo back in 2003, and the guitarist plays in cover bands. His playing puts mine to shame, and he was probably holding back! (He hates his Line 6 head though.)
    sigpic

Must be pretty cool to go out and support her like she supports you in your gigs! That really has to create a deeper understanding and bond.

Just watch that fucking guitarist with his digital dexterity and all! Make sure his hands stay on the guitar neck and not HER neck!

Tell him your backup runs into the thousands and weild pointy guitars like the bludgeons of Hell!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

How great for the two of you.

and therefore she plays ...bass?

Son Of Spy
      1976 Gibson Mk53
      1988 Charvel Model 3
      1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Ah, sorry...she is the singer.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X